PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?

TrinityELC
06-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I had a customer call me for a sodding job, about 720sq ft of it. I went to look at the house and the weeds had overun it. So I would have to scrape it up, put down new soil, whatever..I gave her a price ans she agreed. She said "let's do it", great. She called for a formal contract and 3 references, for which she called all 3. We established a start day, great. She emails me about the percentage I want down, the length of the job, and why I want 40% down. I call her at home that day, no answer. I call her at work the next day, no answer. We had good rapport. She emails me thanking me for calling her back to clarify however she has chosen a contractor that is her coworkers husband. What a waste of time.:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Stillwater
06-27-2007, 12:43 AM
it happends.......

Frontier-Lawn
06-27-2007, 01:28 PM
this is why i charge $100 for a stimate to show up on big jobs like this. that way my time is not wasted and if they do go with me the $100 goes toward there bill.

MarcSmith
06-27-2007, 03:50 PM
this is why i charge $100 for a stimate to show up on big jobs like this. that way my time is not wasted and if they do go with me the $100 goes toward there bill. but thats not even a "big job".....I'll bet they used you estimate for the hubbys coworker...

Focal Point Landscapes
06-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Marc is probably right - they just jacked you around to establish pricing.

TrinityELC
06-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks a lot, I will start charging for estimates on big jobs. This has been really helpful. I'm trying to land more profitable jobs. Man's rejection is God's protection.