PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Putting Greens

fknippenberg
06-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Considering adding Synthetic Putting Greens to our line of work - Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? Has anyone used Allpro? They seem to be the most dealer friendly of the suppleirs I've found....Any thoughts/advice/recoemndations would be greatly appreciated.

Superior L & L
06-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Ive never used All pro but there price seems pritty good. Greens are real easy if you can install pavers you can do a green. For your first couple do not do one wider than the roll of green because seeming is a pain!

AlleganyLawnCare
06-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I am too trying to get involved in this field. I have alot of info from Allpro. Seems pretty good. I wanted to go to one of their trianing seminars, but they don't have any scheduled anywhere except at there hq in Georgia, and that isn't till late fall or early next year. You can do the training online and via dvd, but I want to back up that training with actual hands on training. I know I will try to put on in at my house either next month or the following.

fknippenburg, I will let you know how things go if you remind me.

TJLANDS
06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
I have installed several synthetic golf greens using All Pro. Very easy.
I just ordered the kit(which they charge you for) it has an installation video, built the first one at my house and that was it. Seams are also easy( I sub them out to a carpet guy:) )

TJLANDS
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Used All- Pro for Bocci and Croquet.... Both of these are three years old

Michael J. Donovan
06-28-2007, 03:11 PM
All Pro has a forum here on the site - http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Check it out and I am sure they would assist you with any questions you may have

EJD Lawnpride
06-28-2007, 06:17 PM
What kind of money is there in it?

mdlwn1
06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Used to work in TR...saw the JT trucks all the time............

TJLANDS
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
you mean TJ:)

TJLANDS
06-29-2007, 07:56 PM
The money is good. You just have to be able to sell a 500 sq ft putting green
for 7000.00. That is the hardest part.

mdlwn1
06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Sorry bout that. If you ever find yourself on 35N just before N and S combine to make 1 road, there is a house on your left just before Bayhead that has the entire property covered in synthetic. I don't know much about the synthetics, but it looks amazing! Much greener than others that I have seen. I have one on the property I maintain compete with rough and sand bunkers and I'm not that impressed. Not even close to the 1 on 35.

TJLANDS
06-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Sorry bout that. If you ever find yourself on 35N just before N and S combine to make 1 road, there is a house on your left just before Bayhead that has the entire property covered in synthetic. I don't know much about the synthetics, but it looks amazing! Much greener than others that I have seen. I have one on the property I maintain compete with rough and sand bunkers and I'm not that impressed. Not even close to the 1 on 35.

Yes synthetic turf is different than synthetic greens. In most cases you do not need the infill you need with the golf greens so it looks greener and thicker. Synthetic turf like at the Wynn in Vegas is pretty nice stuff.

Lite4
01-28-2009, 02:00 AM
I have installed about 20 or so over the last 10 years. I havn't installed one in about 4 years or so though. I used to use the Softrack product with a sand infill. They are fairly easy to install. Once you get the seaming process down and know the little tricks, it goes pretty smooth. Here are a few from years past.