PDA

View Full Version : Getting accounts from realtors

BBL
06-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi all, got another newbie question here :laugh: I was thinking to help jump start getting accounts without spending a lot on advertising was emailing local realtors that advertise on the net and ask them if they needed any services for some of their properties, but not sure how to go about it. was wondering how you guys usually go about it doing it and if you have had success with emailing local realtors vs telephoning or throwing a flyer at their office, etc.

Thanks guys,
Michael

bohiaa
06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
realtors dont own homes.....

the lawn belongs to the homeowner, all's you can do is call them "trying NOT to bother them" and see if they will pass along your card

GreenNation
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
We emailed over 50 real estate agents back in early April. ZERO response!

Mowens
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
We lucked out and had a couple big time realtors call us for service on properties that they rent out. They liked our service and then gave us numerous referalls. Most of the referalls they got us were temporary just until the homeowner sold their home, but alot of times the new buyer will sign on as a client as well. Other than that I really don't know of a good way to get in with realtors...I have tried to contact realtors I didn't know personally and as stated before, no response. But if you get in good with a realtor and they really like you, they will refer you and only you.

BBL
06-27-2007, 06:12 PM

Realtors are homeless people? :laugh:

Yeah I guess I kinda worded the original post wrong there, but was wondering how to get accounts off of a realtor.

from the sound of it, looks like I am better off printing up some flyers...

echeandia
06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
I mow the lawns of 7 foreclosed properties for a Realtor. She is responsible for managing them for the bank. It is a sweet deal.

HOOLIE
06-27-2007, 06:42 PM

the lawn belongs to the homeowner, all's you can do is call them "trying NOT to bother them" and see if they will pass along your card

No they don't own the homes they sell, but they do recommend things that need to be done to sell the home...most realtors have a list of contractors they deal with for various tasks.

Never hurts to call or throw around some business cards. You're more likely to get clean-up type work instead of regular mowing but if you get in well with the right agents it can be good.

slikrick
06-27-2007, 08:57 PM
Get in good with a realtor and become an approved vendor for them and you'll do great.... or atleast I have.... its can be short term depending on the market but theres a lot of upsell potential and you might even land a new homeowner in the process.

Any new buisness is good business.

bohiaa
06-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Realtors are homeless people? :laugh:

Yeah I guess I kinda worded the original post wrong there, but was wondering how to get accounts off of a realtor.

from the sound of it, looks like I am better off printing up some flyers...

Yea never had any luck with it, most of the time the home owner already had a set up for lawn care. did it there self or had a company.

sometimes people move outta state and things like that.

never had any luck with foreclosers either, most of the time people know when there going to b foreclosed on, so it's in a mess.

had a company call me, they had foreclousers, but by the time everyone had there hand in it, there was no money left, If you can get in with a banker HE will pay good. but if it's outsourced forget it....

Good luck

KTO Enterprises
06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Most realtors are cheap nickel and dimers. I have a select few I do work for. I mean SELECT FEW. Better chance would be to try property managers. Thats where you may have better luck.

BLKSS
06-27-2007, 11:58 PM
i asked about a commercial lot one time and just got some middle man b/s "ill let the owner know type crap"

capelawncare.com
06-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Just a warning...be very wary of the Realtor who says, I can refer you so much business.....You should do my lawn for free, or for XX.XX

Most of the time they are just looking for a freebie. You are much better off with Condo & Property managers.

mdvaden
06-28-2007, 03:09 AM

You must not be in Oregon.

Plenty of Realtors have investment homes in this area.

I.D.R Lawn Care
06-28-2007, 12:59 PM
If you want to get in good with a realtor, sleep with her, that's what I do.:cool2: Of course then we had two kids and only have hallway sex now.:cry:

Turf Professionals Inc.
06-28-2007, 01:33 PM
I have done well with one realestate company where I live. The key is to seek out those that take care of rental properties. For example, the one I do work for takes care of all the maintenance for a rental proper, i.e. Housekeeping, lawn mowing, electrical, plumbing. They contract out for all of these. I called down there, asked who took care of this service, walked in their office, introduced who I was, and Whalla! Turns out, they had been looking for someone for almost 6 months.

bohiaa
06-28-2007, 06:34 PM
You must not be in Oregon.

Plenty of Realtors have investment homes in this area.

Nope Texas...... realtors have one thing on there mind.......

and they dont care who they screw to get it ....

KTO Enterprises
06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Nope Texas...... realtors have one thing on there mind.......

and they dont care who they screw to get it ....

Sad thing is there are very few honest realtors out there. Most are very shady.

And they even have to take an ethics course to do what they do. very sad.

carcrz
06-28-2007, 06:46 PM
We just bought a new house. Our realtor new that I did Lawn Care & Landscaping so she asked for a stack of cards to add to her referrals. When people move out of town, they always need someone to take care of the lawn for them. I figure that is some free advertising. When she handed me her referral list for other services, they didn't even have our type services on there. I'm hoping it goes well. I keep sending her business so we'll see.

mdvaden
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I just started to get an referral increase from realtors lately.

No emails though - that's like spam.

I called them one at a time. If they are at the phone, they are at the keyboard these days. I just asked them to type in mdvaden.com if they had a moment.

Now I'm getting calls from people that they sold houses too.

zz4guy
07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
My experience is they are cheap SOBs. They complain about the price and pay late.

The up side is that they aren't too picky about doing a perfect job and they can provide you with quite a few properties.

By the way I would send them something in the mail so they have something in their hand. I've had realtors call a month later with my postcard. Email just gets lost.

mdvaden
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
My experience is they are cheap SOBs. They complain about the price and pay late.

The up side is that they aren't too picky about doing a perfect job and they can provide you with quite a few properties.

By the way I would send them something in the mail so they have something in their hand. I've had realtors call a month later with my postcard. Email just gets lost.

My experience is that their clients pay well, and that they pay quite well too. The ones who hire me, rehire me. One particlular agent had me at his home, his wife's business and opened the door to the local rotary club, let alone referrals to people selling homes and who bought homes.

I wouldn't stake my business on them, but they are a good addition to the customer base.