PDA

View Full Version : Help on quotes

hardworkingals
06-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Hello everybody,

Us hard working women in North Texas need some help on pricing a job. A client of ours had a tree cut due to bag worms, and the guy that did it just left the branches piled up on the side of house. City of Fort Worth has now issued a citation to her to get rid of. She has asked us to take care of it for her. How should we bid this job? 51ft.long, 6ft.tall, and depth of about 4ft. From a fruitless Mulberry. Can anyone help?? We were told $400-500 for job. Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance
Kat

P.S. Are ya'll loving the weather like we are?!hehe::sleeping:

LiquidLand
07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi there-personal opinion would be to rent a chipper and mulch it up-mulberry makes great mulch-charge 2x chipper rental+40p/hr per man(or woman)for time - love the weather here in FLA!!!
Scott
BGI Pine Island
Nursery Mgr.

mattfromNY
07-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Cant you just float it down the street or something, with all that rain you guys are getting?
Maybe some indians could help carve a canoe or something. LOL.

bobcat52
11-06-2007, 02:12 PM
one factor that i use when i price a job is whether or not i really want to do it. for example, this one lady wanted me to clean up her little dog's huge poops off the living room carpet; i'm not a big fan of shoveling poops, so i gave her a huge estimate like $140... she wasn't a big fan of that... she said her son would do it for free... i said good luck with that...

wannabamower
11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
one factor that i use when i price a job is whether or not i really want to do it. for example, this one lady wanted me to clean up her little dog's huge poops off the living room carpet; i'm not a big fan of shoveling poops, so i gave her a huge estimate like $140... she wasn't a big fan of that... she said her son would do it for free... i said good luck with that...

I agree with BOBCAT52. I usually charge $30 per hour in a job like that. So I don't under price my self to bad if something takes long than I plan for. I think it depends on the customer, we you are located, and how bad you want to do the job.