PDA

View Full Version : testimonials to fuel your business

High Performance Lighting
06-27-2007, 11:20 PM
These are the kind of testimonials you want to get from satisfied client's that will really help build you business. This one came by e-mail today unsolicited (nothing wrong with asking for them as well). I'm posting it here first before forwarding it on to my webmaster to be included on my website.

Mike
We wanted to say THANKS!!!!! When we decided to build a pool and redo our entire landscaping, we wanted something that wouldn’t look just ordinary. We knew the lighting was going to be the most important part of this job and we were right! You have provided us with what we call our own Four Seasons resort. Every person that comes to our house can’t stop talking about the lighting and how beautiful it is. You are an ARTIST. I truly mean that. My wife Tania and I really enjoyed your company over the two week job period. You were always so professional and just had a great attitude which is so hard to find today. You take pride in your work which so few can make that claim. A cute quick story that we need to share. Our neighbor across the street told us when he gives directions to get to his house he will tell his friends, “drive down the street and when you get to the house with the amazing lighting, we are right across the street.
Thanks again Mike and if you ever need a referral or if any of your potential clients want to stop by to see this amazing job please just have them call us anytime.

Chris J
06-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Great testimonial. Two weeks on the job? Must have been another good one!

06-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Great testimonial. Two weeks on the job? Must have been another good one!

25K and that ain't hay.

Chris J
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Could you spare a few bucks? Been kind of slow around here lately.....

David Gretzmier
06-28-2007, 01:45 AM
let's see, 25k/10 working days? =2500 per day, less starbucks coffee and misc expenses like lights and wire... well mike G...you are making money off these poor folks...how can you look in the mirror?

congrats on what I'm sure is a great job. I include a few testimonials in my bid packet.

Pro-Scapes
06-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I got some... clients are always thrilled with my work. I need to get them on my website asap!

Mike M
06-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Mr. G. must drink the good beer.

Pro-Scapes
06-28-2007, 09:34 PM
let's see, 25k/10 working days? =2500 per day, less starbucks coffee and misc expenses like lights and wire... well mike G...you are making money off these poor folks...how can you look in the mirror?

congrats on what I'm sure is a great job. I include a few testimonials in my bid packet.

2500 minus materials and expenses einstien... its my night to be in the adult beverages. Not like he was pocketing 25k in 2 weeks. :drinkup: :drinkup:

Mike M
06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Minus materials? That's why Mr. G. makes his own.

Pro-Scapes
06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Minus materials? That's why Mr. G. makes his own.

Im pretty sure with the limited number of fixtures he installs being a 1 man show and the amount of brass and copper and whatnot in them they aint too cheap.

Mike M
06-28-2007, 10:42 PM
I wonder what he pays per fixture in comparison to what a similar product would be charged to him. Keep in mind, he may be using more copper, brass, etc., than they offer. But still, I wonder what his costs are per fixture... ??? Not like it matters to us. Just curious.

06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Im pretty sure with the limited number of fixtures he installs being a 1 man show and the amount of brass and copper and whatnot in them they aint too cheap.

more than 3,000 fixtures a year installed, I won't divulge the average per fixture cost but you guys should be focusing more on your own business instead of trying to figure out what my per annum take is. My reason for having my own line made was not for economy and to lower my per fixture cost. There were a number of other motivating factors which I'd care not to get into publicly. The mold fee for my latest fixture is over $6,000.00, 50% paid up front 50% to be amortorized over the cost of the first 1,000 pcs. $600 paid for the engineered design drawings. In lieu of the stock market , I believe in investing in my own business and to date I've been fortunate to have tremendous return on that investment. The more money I have out there tied up in this the more it motivates me to get off my fat a$$ and sell. When I close a giant deal I immediately start implementing plans for another fixture or whatever. I turn a certain percent back into the business . That has been my strategy. Through hard work and good fortune I've been able to continue. God bless America. land that I love. Stand behind her and guide her....:usflag:

Pro-Scapes
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Thats basically what I was stating. The comment was made that you make your own. People act like this is free or you did it to cut costs and dont see that you did this to control your quality tightly and stand apart from the next guy.

lovdasnow
06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
I've been reading this thread for months now, and love it.

I wanted to say thanks to mike g for posting on here.
love reading from people that are getting it done!
thanks, jon

Chris J
06-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Limited amount of fixtures? Come on guys, lets get off this subject quick. Mike probably installs more lights on one job than most of us install in a month. As far as his profit margins go, I'm sure he will agree that this is none of our business. I don't even like the tone that this thread is leading to, so please end it now. :realmad:

David Gretzmier
06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
just to clarify, my original post was a sarcastic joke, I'm pretty sure mike g got it or he'd let me know, hopefully most of you guys got the tone. those of you who didn't, sorry, I'll dial back the jokes a bit. dave g

Chris J
06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
No offense to you personally David, I just don't like where this is going.

06-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Thats basically what I was stating. The comment was made that you make your own. People act like this is free or you did it to cut costs and dont see that you did this to control your quality tightly and stand apart from the next guy.

This is a common misperception, I don't personally manufacture anything. I don't have the time, inclination or ability. What I do is design and implement landscape lighting systems using materials which I have personally designed and have manufactured for me to my specifications, for my own exclusive use, which bear my company name either raised in a brass cast or etched or punched into copper/brass material.