PDA

View Full Version : Online Leads??

weednfeed
06-27-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi,
So here's my story.
I've been looking to start up part time and I think flyers are a good start. But after some researching here and other places I noticed there's a couple places like www.servicemagic.com that sell online leads where you pay like $40 to get a guy's name and then you go run the quote.
So..
1. Has anyone tried that with success?
and
2. I saw servicemagic and other companies advertising on the side of google when I searched for lawncare locally. So wouldn't it make sense to just get a website and advertise with google directly to get the same local customers coming right to you?

I don't have a website and I was thinking of getting one. So I'd just like to know if anyone has tried either of these methods and if they work. I did a little more research and found www.fresh-web-solutions.com that makes websites and has a google advertisement setup. Do they look good to you?

Anyways, sorry for the long post and I'd like to hear your thoughts!
Thanks

GELAWNS
06-28-2007, 09:03 AM
We have been using servicmagic for almost a year now. Used it a lot in the winter. You can cut back and even suspend it for awhile if you get busy. Right now is the season for mowing our accounts and there is not as much time for projects. I think its a great advertising method. They invoice you weekly and most of the leads are around $20. Their program also posts ratings and has a status tracking function for the leads. We showcase the ratings on our website and link to them for more ratings. It works great for us.