View Full Version : Need help on pricing pines

06-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I have a customer that I mow that is having me replace some dead pines in a bed. The bed is 12ft. wide by 40ft. long. I have to cut down to dead pines and haul them away - remove the stumps either stump grinder or bobcat - pick up 5 new pines at a price of $150 per pine, my cost - dig the holes for the new pines and plant - and finally mulch in the bed. I do some small landscaping on the side when mowing slows down, but I am new in regards to dealing with pines and the time needed for this type of job. If someone can lend me and hand and let me know what a job like this will go for I would appreciate it. I have already ran my numbers but would like to compare just to make sure I am in the right ball park.

EJD Lawnpride
06-28-2007, 06:15 PM
What size pines? We do 3x the wholesale price for install. To cut the trees down would be about $150 to $200 per tree. This includes the hauling/dumping fee. We add for stump grinding. Rental fee + hourly wages. But if your doing this job for a good custumer i would give them a break for a job this size.

06-28-2007, 09:24 PM
find someone decent on a mini excavator.
dig the old trees out. plant the new trees with the mini.

for a good customer, 2300 bucks. should take under 2 hours.
the extra value you are offering is to put the new trees EXACTLY where they want them, completely remove the old ones, and make no disruptions to existing landscape.

06-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys a lot, I was roughly at 2500, so I am in the right range. Thanks for the input.