PDA

View Full Version : Need help on pricing pines

sabinjm
06-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a customer that I mow that is having me replace some dead pines in a bed. The bed is 12ft. wide by 40ft. long. I have to cut down to dead pines and haul them away - remove the stumps either stump grinder or bobcat - pick up 5 new pines at a price of $150 per pine, my cost - dig the holes for the new pines and plant - and finally mulch in the bed. I do some small landscaping on the side when mowing slows down, but I am new in regards to dealing with pines and the time needed for this type of job. If someone can lend me and hand and let me know what a job like this will go for I would appreciate it. I have already ran my numbers but would like to compare just to make sure I am in the right ball park.

EJD Lawnpride
06-28-2007, 05:15 PM
What size pines? We do 3x the wholesale price for install. To cut the trees down would be about $150 to $200 per tree. This includes the hauling/dumping fee. We add for stump grinding. Rental fee + hourly wages. But if your doing this job for a good custumer i would give them a break for a job this size.

drmiller100
06-28-2007, 08:24 PM
find someone decent on a mini excavator.
dig the old trees out. plant the new trees with the mini.

for a good customer, 2300 bucks. should take under 2 hours.
the extra value you are offering is to put the new trees EXACTLY where they want them, completely remove the old ones, and make no disruptions to existing landscape.

sabinjm
06-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks guys a lot, I was roughly at 2500, so I am in the right range. Thanks for the input.