PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on metal malibu products

Mr.cactus
06-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I am new to landscape lighting but not electricity plumbing or engines. My question is is what is your opinion on the metal Intermatic Malibu lighting. When we moved into our home in 1993 we had plastic Malibu products but the fixtures only last two years. So what do you think about getting good metal ones? Oh yeah what about Malibu timers? :confused: :usflag:

Thanks,
Corey

NightScenes
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
I am new to landscape lighting but not electricity plumbing or engines. My question is is what is your opinion on the metal Intermatic Malibu lighting. When we moved into our home in 1993 we had plastic Malibu products but the fixtures only last two years. So what do you think about getting good metal ones? Oh yeah what about Malibu timers? :confused: :usflag:

Thanks,
Corey

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Really, you want to know?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Thanks,
Corey

I wouldnt expect your metal ones to last any longer. All the malibu stuff is really bottom of the barrel type stuff. Its like a marginal step above solar lighting.

David Gretzmier
06-28-2007, 11:03 PM
some solar lights are better, and that's sad. mailibu=lousy lights. do some research on the internet and read some previous threads on what the landscape lighting industry uses- there are a few hundred manufacturors out there better than malibu. FX, kichler pro, Nightscaping, cast, and easily 50 others. good luck.

ChampionLS
06-29-2007, 12:41 AM
LOL Oh boy oh boy.. here we go again :dizzy:

Malibu is not a manufacturer. It is a retail product line of residential grade lighting by Intermatic. Their product line has transformers from 44 Watts up to 900 Watts. Basic analog timer, and 12V output only.

simonkodousek
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
When we moved into our house a few years ago, I installed Malibu lights (spotlights, pathlights) and I am very dissatisfied. They are cheap pieces of crap that don't even last 3 years. I will be ripping them out this summer and replacing them with good lights! :clapping:

Chris J
07-13-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm a bit suprised that your patience has lasted this long. Cheers my friend!

Pro-Scapes
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
a very nice home in the historic district of my area has malibu lights. I did an install with all cast lights direct across the street. I wish I could get both homes in 1 picture so you could really see the contrast. Every time I go buy a diff malibu of his is either not working or has the plastic top missing.