PDA

View Full Version : No more excuses, which LV Manufactuer will set MAP standards.

Eden Lights
06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Take a listen, manufacturers can no longer hide behind Anti Trust law excuses. This means that say Kichler can set a minimum acceptable standard price and save proper margins for a company to provide full service to it's customers. Which manufactuer will set some MAP standards???? It will most likely be a private company since most public ones will cave to their share holders.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11523370

What does this really mean?? Here is a example, HLP will have to sell his fixtures for XXX price to HLP, if HLP sells them for any less than XXX price then HLP can cut off HLP. Got it?????:laugh: :laugh:

In short we could enjoy the benefits of Mr. Gambino's great accomplishment in his own fixture line.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Chris J
06-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Told you so! Send my commission check any time you wish.

Eden Lights
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
In short we could enjoy the benefits of Mr. Gambino's great accomplishment in his own fixture line.:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I should rephrase that to say we can enjoy one of the benefits, I realize a Inhouse brand provides more than just MAP standards. Plus you could set the MAP to suit your needs.

Eden Lights
06-29-2007, 01:05 AM
In my short 8 years in business shopping/internet customers have only once really effected me. It was a insurance job due to vandelism of an recently installed system, Agent googled every part number (required for proper insurance claim) and paid the claim based on his findings and not my estimate.

Pro-Scapes
06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
In my short 8 years in business shopping/internet customers have only once really effected me. It was a insurance job due to vandelism of an recently installed system, Agent googled every part number (required for proper insurance claim) and paid the claim based on his findings and not my estimate.

Hope you got a nice labor rate on that job as well. Thats pretty sad but I suppose when some people think of insurance claims they inflate the price.

One of my clients ended up at my dist's retail site. Then they wanted a cost breakdown i gave it to them and was on target. They used me.

My uncle owns a hunting shop and specialized in high performace hunting bows. He has to maintain MAP pricing or he will lose his autorized dealer status. He always sells for full retail... doesnt budge... Why ? Because his service and knowledge is second to none.

High Performance Lighting
06-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Take a listen, manufacturers can no longer hide behind Anti Trust law excuses. This means that say Kichler can set a minimum acceptable standard price and save proper margins for a company to provide full service to it's customers. Which manufactuer will set some MAP standards???? It will most likely be a private company since most public ones will cave to their share holders.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11523370

What does this really mean?? Here is a example, HLP will have to sell his fixtures for XXX price to HLP, if HLP sells them for any less than XXX price then HLP can cut off HLP. Got it?????:laugh: :laugh:

This is how Viking appliances does business. All authorized dealers have the same retail price with no discounting unless mandated by the manufacturer.

steveparrott
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
As a manufacturer we definitely support this pricing control and have strongly encouraged our distributors to use our suggested contractor pricing. We also don't allow our distributors to do installations and we don't allow online retailers to sell our products. We do all this to ensure that all contractors are on a level playing field and will not be underbid by someone getting CAST at a better price. We also do it to help solidify the distibutor/contractor relationship. So far, our customers like these controls.

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 04:54 PM
I will say here and now CAST has been one of the better manufactures at this. My dist has a retail site as well and i noticed the cast has been removed from it. Only in a perfect world would we be able to protect everything we hold dear to us.