PDA

View Full Version : Plant install labor time per Units of Measure?

timm9
06-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Does anyone have a listing of how much time they typically think a plant will take to install, for each of the typical plant size Units of Measure, such as 1 gallon, 5 gallon, 10 gallon, etc.

Could I ask that you share what you use as a labor time at various plant size units of measure? For example, a five-gallon plant should take a someone 15 minutes to excavate, pop the plant into the ground, backfill, and done.

Having read as much as I could about the bidding process, it seems as though it goes something like this:

Cost of plant + whatever mark-up desired, plus
Labor Rate times the time it takes to plant it.

In my super-simple example, my 5 gallon plant costs 10.00 wholesale, I double the plant cost to obtain my "retail" price, and my desired labor rate is 40.00 per hour.

So my bid price for the one plant is as follows:
10.00 wholesale times 2 = 20.00, plus
15 minutes at 40.00/ hour = 10.00,
so my installed price is 30.00.

I welcome any pointers, corrections, etc. as well as if others could share what they use for labor time for the common "units of measure" out there for planting materials.

Thanks to all advance...

Stillwater
06-30-2007, 05:21 AM
charge, 1 hr minimum, So your install price is 60$

MarcSmith
06-30-2007, 07:27 AM
tim

shootme an email at work....mjs82@georgetown.edu and when I get in on monday I'll shoot you a, excel bid sheet I put together.

also a quick rule of the thumb is 3x the price of the plant= your final price for plant an isntall....its not always exact, but it s good way to see if your are in the ballpark or not....

But eshki's is corect that you need a "minimum" charge for the onsey-towsies type isntalls since you have to go out and pick up the plant, ect...

mdlwn1
06-30-2007, 08:18 AM
3xplant installed...small/ big job 2.3-2.5 ish. Ask some of the brickman guys about their labor hour manual. Is has the best breakdown I've seen. During my year there, It was pretty easy to bid a $50,000 mostly labor job and be spot on.