PDA

View Full Version : The articles

Pro-Scapes
06-29-2007, 01:45 AM
For those of you who haven't I would highly advocate reading Mike G's artlces he has provided us. No I'm not kissing ass but there is alot of tried and true things in there for us to learn from. Learning from others mistakes or positve roles is the easy way of learning.

I am going to put together a check list to include with my new client packet. Right now I have a basic client data sheet I use for all prospects... a few pages for notes... a page for materials it will take to perform the project. Now I will include a step by step method starting with the initial contact and ending when I enter the client into my scheduling software post install or maint visits.

Just when I thought I was getting going my to do list for the company is at an all time high.

Pro-Scapes
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Im really surprised no one else has read them or appreciates them.

David Gretzmier
06-30-2007, 12:08 PM
where are these articles? I did a search, are they elsewhere on this site?

Pro-Scapes
06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
www.gambinolighting.com Then after the intro enter the site. There is a button at the top for articles. Many many great articles for contractors and some aimed towards homeowners. I suggest reading both sets and making what you will at them. He is simply sharing his opinions and whats worked for him over the past 17 years. He obviously has nothing to gain by providing these for us and is doing so to help us become more successful and promote the industry in a quality orientated direction.

Mike M
06-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Very cool. I'll need more time to read and think about each topic.

Thanks, Mike M.

Pro-Scapes
06-30-2007, 06:03 PM
maybe we just opened a can of worms for Mike M. Alot of them will work for us but I am worried about the difference in markets... One trend I see here is alot of people from richer areas are discovering just how nice the south is. They are building homes in all price ranges like crazy here. Seems every day I see more and more upscale things going on. I think this is good news for my future.

Mike M
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
maybe we just opened a can of worms for Mike M.

LOL.

No, Im trying to be a little more respectful and keep my mouth shut and just look and listen as much as possible.

Mike M.

David Gretzmier
07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
yeah, opening your mouth around here tends to get it shut quickly by someone else on the forum- but keep chiming in Mike M, some of the best ideas come from new guys to the field. I may jump on that hybrid bicycle yet.

David Gretzmier
07-01-2007, 02:02 AM
by the way, I started reading the articles and really liked the content so far on the professional side- Reading these is worth your while. lots of info !:clapping:

High Performance Lighting
07-01-2007, 10:36 AM
by the way, I started reading the articles and really liked the content so far on the professional side- Reading these is worth your while. lots of info !:clapping:

Dave there is nothing there in those articles that could possibly help you. You know it all.:cry:

07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
www.gambinolighting.com Then after the intro enter the site. There is a button at the top for articles. Many many great articles for contractors and some aimed towards homeowners. I suggest reading both sets and making what you will at them. He is simply sharing his opinions and whats worked for him over the past 17 years. He obviously has nothing to gain by providing these for us and is doing so to help us become more successful and promote the industry in a quality orientated direction.

Thanks Billy, I haven't added an exclusive article to my website recently but you have inspired me. I wrote one today and sent it off to my web guy so it should be appearing soon under the trade professionals heading.
I have a huge multi page spread coming out in Watershapes magazine soon. They came out and featured one of my projects. Previously Janet Moyer occasionally did some articles for them. They asked me to be their go to lighting person in the future as they will no longer be using Ms. Moyer.

Eden Lights
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Thanks Billy, I haven't added an exclusive article to my website recently but you have inspired me. I wrote one today and sent it off to my web guy so it should be appearing soon under the trade professionals heading.
I have a huge multi page spread coming out in Watershapes magazine soon. They came out and featured one of my projects. Previously Janet Moyer occasionally did some articles for them. They asked me to be their go to lighting person in the future as they will no longer be using Ms. Moyer.

Excellent, does Watershapes have a web presence? Mrs. Moyer was married in late 05.

07-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Excellent, does Watershapes have a web presence? Mrs. Moyer was married in late 05.

http://www.watershapes.com/

Pro-Scapes
07-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I read the article last year in landshapes. Will have to look for this one

07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I read the article last year in landshapes. Will have to look for this one

I'm surprised you saw that one since the magazine was very obscure. I am very proud of that article. I put alot of time in with Stephanie Rose (I ended up lighting her backyard) working on it and i think she did an unbelievable job writing it. That's right she wrote it. Unfortunately the magazine has ceased publication. Pity because it was very well done.

David Gretzmier
07-02-2007, 12:40 AM
no mike g, I don't know it all, think of all the things I've learned about you ! As I read more of your posts, I learn so much more. And as others read them, they learn more about you too.

07-02-2007, 12:49 AM
no mike g, I don't know it all, think of all the things I've learned about you ! As I read more of your posts, I learn so much more. And as others read them, they learn more about you too.

Don't be a hypocrite dave. if you think I'm a jerk, which is evidenced by many of your posts lately then don't read the articles. At least be true to yourself.

David Gretzmier
07-02-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah, I'm sure others who have read my posts and yours totally see it your way. You do have good info in the articles.