PDA

View Full Version : Walker Mowers on Ebay Cheap

mcambrose
06-29-2007, 08:08 AM
I noticed two 26EFI mowers on Ebay. One 2006 and one 2007 with low hours and less than $3k. I wish I lived closer. I would take the day off to go get them. Hope somone sees this who lives closer.

pclawncare
06-29-2007, 10:31 AM
i noticed those on there last night and they seem almost too good to be true. I see you have to contact him through his email to buy. I am a firm believer that if a deal sounds too good to be true it is probably too good to be true. I know people who have sold 4yr old walkers for upwards of 5 grand that had nearly 2000 hours on them. I dont get it but something seems very fishy with those and they are both from the same seller

pclawncare
06-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I just checked ebay and surprise they are gone. I wonder where they went?

bob
06-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Most likely they were a scam. Someone hacked into an ebay members account and put them up for sale. If the price is too good to be true, its probably a scam.

khouse
06-30-2007, 12:47 PM
My ebay account was hijacked twice. What they did was stop my auctions early and offer the items to the highest bidders at a much lower price. Both times it happened between 2 and 4 am. I caught them both at about 6am. Ebay told me that they knew who did it. I asked if they were going to prosecute them. They beat around the bush and really pi$$ed me off. I changed all my passwords and it happened again. They also hijacked every one of my saved emails. They were all gone. Be careful out there. Keep all you virus and firewalls updated. I run my virus and addware software every night. I also unplug my internet connection. If you do a search you will find that it's running wild on ebay. Even sellers have a disclaimer stating such. I too have a disclaimer on items. That stated I will not offer the item as a second chance offer. I also say it's a scam and don't respond. Make sure all your passwords are different to all the sites. Mine were mostly the same and I think that's where I got into trouble. Also don't save any emails with any personal info. Print them out and delete them.

deere615
06-30-2007, 12:53 PM
ya be careful especially on second chance offers I got scamed on ebay while trying to by a mower a few months ago.