PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing 3rd trailer (looking for input)

snowjeep
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I started with a 4 1/2 x 10 after I intalled the sides then upgraded last October to a 5x12 with 2ft metal sides. This trailer was working great until I read a thread about DOT and realized I was over loaded when putting 2 to 3 yards of top soil in it since it has a single 3500 lbs axle. So I can get the same trailer but with 2 axles with brakes which I could haul 5000 - 6000lbs in since the trailer weighs 1400lbs with 2ft sides and dual axles. I can't really go longer since my F250 and trailer just make it between driveways now. I could go to the 7ft wide but like the narrow 5ft so I don't stick out in the road. So the only thing I think I want added is a side gate to get my 33" mower off without taking the ztr off. If you were in my shoes would there be anything you would add? I am dealing with sure-trac trailer but found a PJ's that is 5x13 but don't know if a foot would make a difference?

Focal Point Landscapes
06-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Assume you are looking at dump trailers ?

fiveoboy01
06-29-2007, 10:33 PM
If you want added capacity with tandem axles for the weight, you really should be looking at a 16 or 18 foot trailer.

If blocking drives is a concern, why not just block the drive of the house you're cutting? Just let the customer know that it would be necessary, I'm sure they wouldn't have a big problem with it. I've had to do it a few times.

snowjeep
06-29-2007, 11:03 PM
No I am not looking at dump trailer since most of my work is in back yards. And I would love to park across customers driveways but I have 10 accounts that the parking is on the opposite side only. Anything else you would want in a trailer? If it were you would you prefer 2ft wider or longer and why?