PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help w/ 200ft + 45 degree slope

nobagger
06-29-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a customer who just built his house, one major problem I think is that he built it 168ft back from a 200+ft. 35-45 degree slope. This hill side is over 200ft long and almost 175ft in width and has final grade. His original plan was to just have us spray Crown Fetch and a few trees, now being the cheap arss guy he is turning into he wants to eliminate the errosion control blankets, and trees and just shoot the crown fetch.:hammerhead: Oh yeah, and all of this for under 3k...;) Any suggestions on what to plant instead of Crown fetch? He was a reasonable guy, I thought until he said our price of 9967.00 was too high for the above and installing a 17k sqft lawn from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Mike33
06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Is it crown fetch or crown vetch? Any way i have only been hydro-seeding for 2 years and sprayed once dont know yet if it works. I had a similar job and sprayed wild flowers with a predator hard fescue which is supposed to be slow growing. That was a joke it grew as fast as any thing else. The wild flowers looks real good and my seed rep told me if it is weed eated in fall in will re seed a lot better. I sued a 3lb. bag in a 500 gal. tank cost was $106.00 for the 3 lb. Oh yea, make sure you clean the tank out real good might not look so good in the next guys front yard.
Mike

cedarcroft
06-30-2007, 06:41 AM
RUN.
I would run away. If a guy is too cheap to do the bare minimum to keep his house safe, he probably wouldn't think twice about suing you if and when the slope sends water and mud into his house after a big storm.
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

nobagger
06-30-2007, 08:44 PM
RUN.
I would run away. If a guy is too cheap to do the bare minimum to keep his house safe, he probably wouldn't think twice about suing you if and when the slope sends water and mud into his house after a big storm.
RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

I talked to a few other local guys and I think we'll pass. What started out as a potential gold mine with fun, meaningful work and something to be proud of, it turned into a BIG PIECE OF CRAP! I just found out, instead of just buying natural landscaping stones (head sized or just bigger) he is pulling them out of the creek below his property at a rate of 1 or 2 per hour.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If this is the type of guy he really is then no thanks!