PDA

View Full Version : scheduling your jobs

PatriotLandscape
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
What software are you using to control your crews and schedule?

I am looking for something that will print work orders and keep track of multi-day jobs.

PatriotLandscape
06-30-2007, 04:09 PM
so no one uses any software?

DVS Hardscaper
06-30-2007, 05:19 PM
You need to supply us more info.

Are you looking for something that tracks and compares actual production hrs vs. estimated hrs?

Are you looking to track if the job is profitable?

Are you looking for something that does the scheduling?

In the construction biz, I just use a dry erase calender board for scheduling our jobs.

But I know many people in the lawn care (fert & squirt) biz, often use software to schedule their routes.

I have my own program that I created to track our production hrs for each individual job. It will also track material expenses and will tell me if we are over or under. It also tells me the NET profit. Workin on gettin it developed into an actual software application, so I can market it.

GreenMonster
06-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Workin on gettin it developed into an actual software application, so I can market it.

Work faster. And send me a demo.

:D

fknippenberg
06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Clip with its project module will do what your looking for...

Scheduling
Work Orders
Load Lists
etc...

Mike33
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Work faster. And send me a demo.

:D

Mark,
Check your pm i sent you.
Mike

Mike33
06-30-2007, 10:49 PM
so no one uses any software?

What size is your company?
Mike

PatriotLandscape
07-01-2007, 01:17 PM
right now we are at six employees and running two crews. We use a dry erase calendar at the moment but I have been looking into qxpress for the scheduling aspect which seems like it would minimize data-entry.

Mike33
07-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Sorry Patriot i would be the worst for advise. Im at 3-4 1 crew. We do new yard installs and srw's. I only split my crew twice this season.
Mike

D Felix
07-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Right now I'm using two dry erase boards- one for daily scheduling (usually schedule on Friday for the following week, though half of the time it's all been blown to h*ll by Tuesday afternoon!), the other listing upcoming jobs.

For construction scheduling, I don't think I need anything else at the moment. However, it would be nice to have something tell me when we need to make a visit to one of our landscape maintenance sites.

We've been running 2-3 different directions each day now since mid-April. We are up to 5 daily guys, one part-time high school kid, plus one or both of the owners that can be worked into the schedule....

Scheduling has it's headaches, but my biggest issue right now is getting through the daily time sheets and recording them in the computer!!

PatriotLandscape
07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Scheduling has it's headaches, but my biggest issue right now is getting through the daily time sheets and recording them in the computer!!

this is the area where I am trying to move the company into a better situation I am sick of being out all day to come home and flip through papers then enter into QB and then to the dry erase boards then to the daily work orders and cycle it all back again day after day.

we have an overall dry board a two month calendar board and I write daily work orders. but entering everything in is getting crazy when one crew gets ten things in one day and the other spends a day on a project then I have to figure out what goes where and how much to charge then writing the damn description in QB.

D Felix
07-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Fortunately, I don't have to worry about billing or estimating. I've got enough to do already, and have a hard time keeping up with it as it is!!

Stillwater
07-05-2007, 06:54 AM
pay someone to do it for you,

PatriotLandscape
07-05-2007, 01:13 PM
It is not so out of control that I need to pay someone else yet. The reason I am trying to turn it into a system is so I can hire someone to do it and they don't have to re-invent the wheel.