PDA

View Full Version : Makita BP Blower problem

johnnyreb
06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
I have a RBL500 Makita backpack blower 16 months old, not overly used only do this in the afternoons and weekends. The thing fired up, ran for bout 5 seconds then died. I tried to start a few times and it would not. Switched out the spark plug and it did crank up, but blew with less power and even sounded bogged down, it ran for just long enough to finish a driveway then died again, fired it back up it ran a minute longer then died again. Any ideas the closest shop is 11 miles away with long back up and its gettin busy (late June in Tampa FL very rainy/very hot) please help, if yall think it is something I could attempt to fix please be as specific as possible so I can get started, Thanks

XtreemGreen
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Maybe the fuel filter, should be inside the tank.does it have a primer bulb? If so, is it cracked?

johnnyreb
07-01-2007, 11:19 AM
it does have a primer and it is not cracked-the fuel filter is that something I could do, just pull it out and clean/unclog?

XtreemGreen
07-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Its recommended you replace it... But you can try to clean it.. Do you have aol/aim or msn chat program?

johnnyreb
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
thanks for the responses X, no i dont use the instant messengers, is it something that I can visibly see if it is dirty, how big is it, look like? Sorry i have never dealt with this thing before