PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with design software

Garden Thyme
07-01-2007, 09:23 AM
My wife is still on holiday on the States NC and I want her to get me some landscape design software.

I've seen the Pro Landscape 13. Is this a good one and also what is the price range for these products. Where can she go to buy this software package?

The landscape design sofware i've seen in the UK is not very good, or shall I say not very user friendly :confused: and I need something that looks very professional to show my prospective customers.

Duekster
07-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I think it is pretty good.

Dreams To Designs
07-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Pro Landscape can be purchased directly from Drafix. If you do a great deal of design and you need a great presentation tool, it is well worth the expense. It takes some time and effort to master, but once you get a handle on it, it will make your work much easier. The 3D imaging tool is a fabulous presentation tool and the multiple ways of printing the plans allows you to impress your clients with color, but still allows you ro print plans that can be easily understood by installers.

There are other similar products out there, but for the money and the abilities it offers you, I believe Pro Landscape is the best product for the money.

http://www.prolandscape.com/

Kirk

Garden Thyme
07-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the info Kirk. I will invesigate this further.

Dreams To Designs
07-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I believe there is someone here on lawnsite selling an earlier version in the marketplace. You can always try it, and if it works for you, they do sell updates.

If you haven't already, check out Horticopia. It is a plant encyclopedia and presentation tool. It allows you to create plant information for clients as well as reference information and photos.

http://horticopia.com/

Kirk

Bill S
07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
I would recommend that you definitely go with ProLandscape. It is a great program. You can also use it for lighting and holiday lighting. Good luck with it!