PDA

View Full Version : Not Your Average job

eskerlite
07-01-2007, 09:37 AM
I am 3/4 through an interesting job and wanted to share it with all. I work close with a Landscape Archtech and She offered a project to me for a water feature and Granite stairs. The house took 3 years to build and the customer was high pressure to finish the job.
The project came out very nice and the Customer was Very Pleased with the outcome. He told me half way through the pond project he wants me to install lighting for the property and the pond. I said great and then he told me about the lights he already purchased. We have all been here. Well, I inventoried the lights and We did pretty good. He purchased 14 Hadco BL16 in oiled brass spots, 24 Arroyo Crafstman 120v pathlights with four sided frosted glass and a pyramid roof. I sent those back and replaced with 24 CUL7 Hadco Pathlights. There was 10 Arroyo Craftsman pathlights that are 18 inches tall and have a wedge base 18w and a pyramid hood 6x6 in oiled brass. The showroom were the lights were purchased wanted to swap the two and I had to use their brands for the credit. They asked if we could use them because of the offset of what I needed and what she would have to credit the customer. I wanted to help her out because she wants me to do design and installs for her. I was able to use fixtures of my choosing for everything outside the previous purchased fixtures.
I was able to install eveything and will finish the back patio Monday. The customer never asked for a price. He will pay for labor,wire, connections and design. He will pay retail for all my fixtures and transformers. He wanted all wires 8" down everywhere.
All in all I wouldnt do a job for someone who bought his fixtures through his electrician who had a differnt design outlook than I did. This worked out great and the electrician was great to work with.
I will take questions on this anytime. I still need to add a few lights for some dark spots. It is sure good to be paid for every minute you put into a job. It is not always the case.
Sean Curran

High Performance Lighting
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Sean you are a Craftsman. I'm concerned though. Your materials list did not include Loran Nightscaping. What happened? You are/were such a rabid promoter of their product line. What am I gonna be told next. the sun doesn't set in the west and the earth is not round it's square? please advise.

Your buddy (and former nightscaping recommended contractor compatriot)
Mike Gambino

Turf Troll
07-02-2007, 02:11 PM
What type of Camera did you use to take the pictures ?

Thank You

David Gretzmier
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
sean- great design, good uplighting, lots of pathlights, but I'm ok with that. those granite slabs look great, but I bet they weighed a ton. bridges over moving water always makes for happy homeowner. nice pictures.

eskerlite
07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey Mike, Hows it goin. I used 19 Nightscaping fixtures out of 72. The customer bought 48 fixtures. The rest are various water fixtures. I still use Nightscaping. Its good product and its to readily available to me. Say what you want, I go with what will last and what makes me money today.
The camera is a Nikon d70s now the d80.
The granite bridge weighed 3000 lbs.
Thanks for the positive comments.
Mike, didnt you only make it to Recommended Dealer not Contractor?:laugh:
Sean Curran

Lite4
07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Nice project Sean, that looks like a fun one to have worked on. I am sure the pictures don't do it justice.

KrayzKajun
07-03-2007, 10:46 PM
WOW! Amazing Work!