PDA

View Full Version : What has happened to this forum?

NightScenes
07-01-2007, 09:05 PM
There was a time, not too long ago, when people could make a post on this forum without worry of someone degrading them or slamming them. It's too bad that some people make themselves out to be professionals, then treat people in ways that show different. It seems to be spreading like a cancer and I can see why others stay away.

I used to be proud to be part of this forum but I can't say that any longer. It was great while it lasted but it is not something that I am willing to watch happen any longer. I hope that I have helped this industry by helping raise the bar and lending advice without pushing people down. I will participate in other forums where professionalism is still alive and well.

God bless and please "do it right".

High Performance Lighting
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
There was a time, not too long ago, when people could make a post on this forum without worry of someone degrading them or slamming them. It's too bad that some people make themselves out to be professionals, then treat people in ways that show different. It seems to be spreading like a cancer and I can see why others stay away.

I used to be proud to be part of this forum but I can't say that any longer. It was great while it lasted but it is not something that I am willing to watch happen any longer. I hope that I have helped this industry by helping raise the bar and lending advice without pushing people down. I will participate in other forums where professionalism is still alive and well.

I agree with some of your message and fully support your leaving. Let us know if you need a letter of recommendation at your new forum. fare well.

THEGOLDPRO
07-01-2007, 10:12 PM
well thats human nature i suppose, most people who have built up their companys, and have alot of new expensive equipment, down the new guy with his little 21 inch mowers and handheld blowers, hell i do it sometimes, dont usually mean to but it happins.

07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
well thats human nature i suppose, most people who have built up their companys, and have alot of new expensive equipment, down the new guy with his little 21 inch mowers and handheld blowers, hell i do it sometimes, dont usually mean to but it happins.

Well said GoldPro. I am sick and tired of having my 21" mower downed so to speak.

Pro-Scapes
07-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I think its really sad that some members decide they no longer wish to participate. You dont have to take anything anyone says to heart. Anyone can talk smack on the net.

Heck 90% of the time I come off like a smarty pants. I just really proud at all the homework I have done and what I have accomplished thru hard work and determination considering the doctors told me I would never walk again and I got many other disadvantages.

Paul. Please think twice about leaving. You offer up some very valuble info and really helped get me off the ground with lighting. With out some of the originals like Kirk and yourself I would of been up to my AZZ in wires and fixture placement. Afterall it was your photo thread that really opened my eyes to lighting and me deciding o persue being the very best I can at this.

Me and my clients salute you. This ones for you! God Bless!

:drinkup: :drinkup:

Now I think we should all bury our differences right here and now and rememeber our real passion here is for lighting. Some of us have a MUCH more bold way of doing business. Some of us are struggeling out of the gate while others of us are on the verge of our own big boom in the business while yet others of us are just high end homeowners lining thier driveway with cheesy fountains waiting to be soaped :laugh: :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
07-01-2007, 10:53 PM

Unfortunatly I find myself doing that all the time. Seems everytime I turn around there is some guy cutting prices down on lawn care and he has 2 or 3 crapsman mowers and curved shaft weedeaters in the back of his truck. Sad part is some of em do really stellar work.

Comes down to the guy not the equip... we shouldnt judge our brothers.

Mike M
07-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Paul,

Thank you for helping me with my business model. I have gone with a lighting specific logo/identity, I am getting away from aluminum without believing in just one manufacturer, I am learning code as much as possible, I will continue research even after I get the ball rolling, and I'll suggest lighting metallic balls with dynamite whenever possible.

I still think that Mr. G is the baddest dude in lighting, but I think some people need to get off his duck, and for such a successful guy, he should be a little less threatened by others.

Did you ever wonder why he works alone? Hmmmmm. Lighting entrepreneur conquistador yes, Mr. Congeniality, maybe in training but not quite there yet.

--Maxwell M.

(assuming another identity in fear of response)

Mike M
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
yet others of us are just high end homeowners lining thier driveway with cheesy fountains waiting to be soaped

Billy, no wonder you won't respond to my PM--you are still mad at me for that goofy post.

David Gretzmier
07-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I hear ya paul- I've posted what, 800 posts over at the lawncare side of this site, and I have never seen others downed like they are here. I mention some things, and it's like some folks here are mighty prickly. they're ok as long as you don't question what THEY do, although they can tell you what to do all day long. you question them, and they get huffy. facts don't matter,etc.

read a few dozen posts over on the lawn side and you'll see there seems to be a nature of genuine information exchange, sharing ideas and maybe some debate, but no attacks or downers. If someone says they like echo, some folks might say they use stihl, and had problems with echo, but the echo guy or the stihl guy doesn't come back and basically call the other person stupid.

The lighting side of this site needs more folks, not less, paul. please don't leave.

07-01-2007, 11:42 PM
"still think that Mr. G is the baddest dude in lighting, but I think some people need to get off his duck, and for such a successful guy, he should be a little less threatened by others.

Did you ever wonder why he works alone? Hmmmmm. Lighting entrepreneur conquistador yes, Mr. Congeniality, maybe in training but not quite there yet."

[B]Mike I think you pretty well hit the nail on the head with your assessment. Yes, I am the baddest dude in landscape lighting , Nightscapes knows it and is terribly intimidated by my presence that's why he left (trust me he'll be reading every day). He's probably upset since he can't get more opportunity to spam the board and promote his association. The day I stepped foot in this forum his nightmare came true. Mincing words is a waste of time and energy. Some in here are just lying in wait waiting to pounce, looking for anything they could attack me on or expose to try and knock me down a peg. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am not perfect, don't know it all, am only human and make mistakes too. I also will tell you that I was wrong in my anger towards Eddie Eden lights Clemons. He was questioning my credibility and trying to trip me up in multiple posts but he is a damn good lighter with solid credentials. You would never see that egomaniacal nightscapes come close to making that admission in this or any other forum. All is wine and Roses when he's getting lathered up . Somebody steals his thunder and he's off to another forum in a huff to find some other new comers to impress who don't know any better and massage his ego. There is a very unusual dynamic here- You help others by giving good advice, post photos to show you know what you're doing and speak of your accomplishments.What you get in return by some are resentment , questioned, criticised and challenged, most times without merit. Don't do any of that and it's figured you're a wall flower who knows nothing.

David Gretzmier
07-02-2007, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry mike g- I'd let others judge you and not just judge yourself and paul. It is really no secret you are the reason he is leaving. You do get downright angry and mean when people question anything you do, even indirectly. You are typically ok as long as people praise you.

You make think that is only my opinion, so I tell you what , I encourage all on this forum to read all the exchanges between you and paul, and count the number of times you degraded not only him, but others on this forum who agreed with him. Read who tended to be nice and who tended to be mean. I've read most of them, and I knew to be very careful around you.

I've noticed others also are very careful about questioning anything you do , because they basically don't want to be slammed by you. The very fact you have HAD to formally apologize to 2 out of the 10-12 folks that post on here regularly in the last three weeks speaks volumes. You are simply disrespectful of others in your posts.

The sad thing is that hurts you in the long run, and you don't even see it. People will let you make mistakes rather than help you, and people will only engage in information exchange with others who have shown respect to their opinions.

I agree you know what you are doing, and have said so multiple times. You do great work. You have great looking fixtures. the problem is you sometimes get angry when people suggest that this tool, or that method might be better. and you vent your anger in your posts.

Pro-Scapes
07-02-2007, 10:02 AM
yet others of us are just high end homeowners lining thier driveway with cheesy fountains waiting to be soaped

Billy, no wonder you won't respond to my PM--you are still mad at me for that goofy post.

Didnt see a pm from you... And notice the laughing faces after that post.

I still think its sad we cant bury our differences and all just get along. After all at least for now we are all stuck on the same planet.

Sandgropher
07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Gee i did not realize the lighting forum was the rough end of town, i wouldnt want to walk here by myself after dark . :rolleyes: on second thought i guess its well lit up at night ;)

SamIV
07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Arrogance should not be a trait of a true leader. There is one person here who gives freely of himself, is very courteous, and I have never seen him attack anyone on this forum for his or her beliefs, but he has been attacked several times himself as well as others. He does stand his ground though. The photos of his work are a testament to his knowledge in this field. He has given all great advice on efficiency, fixture placement, equipment choices, automation, lamp choices, photography, just to name a few. I do respect his enthusiasm and knowledge. If you are looking for a true professional and leader in this field to emulate, maybe you are emulating the wrong person. The person I'm speakin of rhymes with Smeeden.

We are all looking to learn here. All have something to offer. Leaders in this field who have the experiece and knowledge should offer to help in a productive manner. There's no room for arrogance in furthuring your future or the future of someone else.

SamIV

Pro-Scapes
07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Arrogance should not be a trait of a true leader. There is one person here who gives freely of himself, is very courteous, and I have never seen him attack anyone on this forum for his or her beliefs, but he has been attacked several times himself as well as others. He does stand his ground though. The photos of his work are a testament to his knowledge in this field. He has given all great advice on efficiency, fixture placement, equipment choices, automation, lamp choices, photography, just to name a few. I do respect his enthusiasm and knowledge. If you are looking for a true professional and leader in this field to emulate, maybe you are emulating the wrong person. The person I'm speakin of rhymes with Smeeden.

We are all looking to learn here. All have something to offer. Leaders in this field who have the experiece and knowledge should offer to help in a productive manner. There's no room for arrogance in furthuring your future or the future of someone else.

SamIV

Well said Burt. Look forward to working with you in gulfport again. I really dont think a bold and arrogant profile will work for me in my area but I am definatly going to impliment some bold moves which include being paid for my time on site pre install and hours spent creating drawings of job sites.

bahamamills
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Well if all of the HPL groopies think this board and the Michael Jackson of lighting are doing this industry any good you are very wrong.

I recall the ohmighty eating some of his own words after seeing someone elses credentials on here not to long ago. I would love to see a side by side comparison.

HPL, you may one of the best on here but with your attitude you would only be changing light bulbs at my company.

07-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry mike g- I'd let others judge you and not just judge yourself and paul. It is really no secret you are the reason he is leaving. If you want him back I'll go. Just say the word. Look Back in the archives and you will see it was him who first engaged me. He then went on to post that he thought there were several problems with one having their own fixture line yet wouldn't back up his claim with even 1 example of why. Meanwhile I never made the original post or even asked for his or anyone's else's opinion on the matter. Before this I never said anything derogatory about him but he showed everyone that he obviously had a bug up his back side about what I was up to otherwise what would he care and keep his opinion to himself. I think it was also him who made the overkill remark about the camera. The fact remains that until i came here he believed in his mind that he was at the top of the heap. Truth be told he's been in the business 4 yrs and Is mediocre at best. Out of desperation to be recognized he drops names of people who he occasionally met and says tell em Nightscapes sent you. Or wholeheartedly recommends products or distributors without knowing if they are good bad or indifferent but just because they belong to his association, speaking of which he makes every attempt to use this forum as his soapbox to increase membership by blatantly trying to sell it here. Why are their very few buying?You do get downright angry and mean when people question anything you do, even indirectly. You are typically ok as long as people praise you.

You make think that is only my opinion, so I tell you what , I encourage all on this forum to read all the exchanges between you and paul, and count the number of times you degraded not only him, but others on this forum who agreed with him. Read who tended to be nice and who tended to be mean. I've read most of them, and I knew to be very careful around you.

I've noticed others also are very careful about questioning anything you do , because they basically don't want to be slammed by you. I've shared way more about what I do and how I do it than I ever should have. You and others have benefitted from it and now you have the nerve to chastise me?What kind of a reaction would you expect me to have when somebody who sells $450 worth of lighting a year steps up in a post and says -That doesn't work or that's not a good way or doing things etc. The very fact you have HAD to formally apologize to 2 out of the 10-12 folks that post on here regularly in the last three weeks speaks volumes. You are simply disrespectful of others in your posts. I HAD to apologize to no one. I apologized because I chose to and thought it was the proper thing to do. That's a testament to the fact that I admit when I'm wrong and I apologize and act like a man.
The sad thing is that hurts you in the long run, and you don't even see it. People will let you make mistakes rather than help you, and people will only engage in information exchange with others who have shown respect to their opinions. Oh it hurts me , in what way? I agree you know what you are doing, and have said so multiple times. You do great work. You have great looking fixtures. the problem is you sometimes get angry when people suggest that this tool, or that method might be better. Your all just too sensitive, If I disagree with something and I know it's patently incorrect I'm going to defend itand you vent your anger in your posts. [B]Dave, may I remind you that it was you that attacked me with the intent to publicly humiliate me over what you perceived to be a truck that consumed too much gas. Otherwise I never would have bothered with you.

07-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Well if all of the HPL groopies think this board and the Michael Jackson of lighting are doing this industry any good you are very wrong.

I recall the ohmighty eating some of his own words after seeing someone elses credentials on here not to long ago. I would love to see a side by side comparison.

HPL, you may one of the best on here but with your attitude you would only be changing light bulbs at my company.

And what company would that be Bahamamill? Why don't you post a link to your website so we can see what you are up to before you judge me or anyone else. Eating words? I gave credit where credit was due. The man has no website, but has proven by posting his photography and by his posts that he knows what he's doing. :waving:

sheshovel
07-02-2007, 09:21 PM

Awww com'on now Paul. Don't be that way. I know you to be able to give it back tit for tat. You know we like you here. As far as this guy with what 303 posts? I will do some research into the archives here and see if there is cause for all this dissension. I too have a tendency not to mince words, so let She look at this and give her opinion on it all before you make such a drastic decision. Fair enough? I can be neutral here and I will be able to tell who is in the wrong.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-02-2007, 09:40 PM
Perhaps this forum needs more moderation? I know I am very new here but all of this horn blowing and back slapping and name calling is VERY un-professional.

Can we all not just get along?

I know I have the ability to choose what threads to read... but all of this tends to discourage me from contributing.

Have you guys considered the optics of your rants, boasts, and general behaviour on the reading public? You do know that anything you post or write up onto the net is public domain right?

Lets just all get along. If you dont agree with someone then dont reply. All else follow the golden rule: "If you dont have anything nice to say....."

sheshovel
07-02-2007, 09:43 PM
OK... well If you value my opinion at all I will now give it to you.
It seems to me that High P is not deserving of this attitude towards his posts, my opinion is that he is a great asset to this forum.
I saw no worse slamming from him than certainly I would have done to others in my line of expertise, had they challenged me.
Nightscapespaul, buck it up dear it will be ok. You guys need to grow some thicker skin and not allow yourselves to be intimidated by this noob in your forum.
You can all get along. If he gives you any more crap send him to She and I will gladly spank him for you. Okays?
Now play nice together.

bahamamills
07-02-2007, 10:47 PM
:laugh: And what company would that be Bahamamill? Why don't you post a link to your website so we can see what you are up to before you judge me or anyone else. Eating words? I gave credit where credit was due. The man has no website, but has proven by posting his photography and by his posts that he knows what he's doing.

There ya go, you have no idea who I am or what I have and frankly I would not care either if I were you. You know why, because this is a forum, a website for goodness sake. You take everything so personal and I have seen you jump on many people saying "OK wheres your website so I can judge you and see how good you are".

You obviously do quality work and have gained some respect from your peers you just don't seem willing to give it back without credentials. I recall having read the thread about your lights in development and it was not until Eden Lights(Eddie) provided some very impressive background information on himself and his company that you began to lesson your grudge against him. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=190569

It probably does not matter to you which hey I am fine with but I am not writing you off totally. As I have already mentioned you obviously have done some impressive work and have share some valuable information with others here which is good. My son is just now beginning his college life and I honestly had expressed interest in him doing the lighting business along with design work because there is a huge wide open market here.

07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
There ya go, you have no idea who I am or what I have and frankly I would not care either if I were you. I asked so obviously I care, it's you who refuse. If you want to fire shots at me then at least have the decency to Id yourself You know why, because this is a forum, a website for goodness sake. You take everything so personal and I have seen you jump on many people saying "OK wheres your website so I can judge you and see how good you are". I like to know who my enemies are anything wrong with that? this way I can see them coming .You obviously do quality work and have gained some respect from your peers you just don't seem willing to give it back without credentials. Are you kidding? why would I give someone credit who has no credentials? That makes no sense I recall having read the thread about your lights in development and it was not until Eden Lights(Eddie) provided some very impressive background information on himself and his company that you began to lesson your grudge against him. That wasn't the reason at all, I didn't even read the resume' he posted. I can tell that the man is on his game and deserves respect. that's it. he PMmed me and asked to buy me dinner when he comes to CA. I asked him to post his website since he was asked by someone else and never answered. The fact that he came back and said he had no site but posted some other info was fine. Like I said I wasn't looking to judge from only his site. that's one dimensional. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=190569

It probably does not matter to you which hey I am fine with but I am not writing you off totally. I don't even know who you are because you fail to identify yourself so how can I really take you seriously? As I have already mentioned you obviously have done some impressive work and have share some valuable information with others here which is good. Gee thanks , nice way to show your appreciation by the statements you made about me changing your bulbs.My son is just now beginning his college life and I honestly had expressed interest in him doing the lighting business along with design work because there is a huge wide open market here.[/QUOTE] good fortune to him and to you as well

irrig8r
07-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Perhaps this forum needs more moderation? I know I am very new here but all of this horn blowing and back slapping and name calling is VERY un-professional.

I know I have the ability to choose what threads to read... but all of this tends to discourage me from contributing.

Have you guys considered the optics of your rants, boasts, and general behaviour on the reading public? You do know that anything you post or write up onto the net is public domain right?

Lets just all get along. If you dont agree with someone then dont reply. All else follow the golden rule: "If you dont have anything nice to say....."

He's right you know.

Even though he spells funny :)

James, I should have warned you that this unmoderated forum can get a little rough at times. Still some good posts. And the feedback is a lot quicker than a moderated list server.... but then that also means that occasionally people speak (type) before they have a chance to think it through.

That's why I think the edit feature should be set for at least at an hour instead of 10 minutes... allowing people to retract a comment when they reconsider...

Hang in there.

07-03-2007, 01:17 AM
He's right you know.

Even though he spells funny :)

James, I should have warned you that this unmoderated forum can get a little rough at times. Still some good posts. And the feedback is a lot quicker than a moderated list server.... but then that also means that occasionally people speak (type) before they have a chance to think it through.

That's why I think the edit feature should be set for at least at an hour instead of 10 minutes... allowing people to retract a comment when they reconsider...

Hang in there.

Astute observations Gregg.

You can say whatever you want about me it doesn't matter. I'm gonna take a break from here and consider if I will be returning or not. So tell your buddy it's safe to go back in the water. Jaws is going away for awhile. I will continue to produce projects like the one I finished today and photographed this evening. Here's one last shot to remember me by. Good bye for now.

David Gretzmier
07-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Man- everybody is coming out for this thread- I've been on the landscape lighting side of this site here for a few months now and I really appreciate you guys chiming in.

Just thought I'd share with you guys that I thought of a great use for many of the exchanges here on this forum for an educational purpose. My 9 year old is learning the power of words to influence others in a negative or a positive way . I will be using many of the posts on here as to how to recognize human behavior, and how to participate in conversation using vocabulary in a civilized fashion. Debate is totally acceptable, but only within the confines of fairness. Outside of fairness, recognition is unacceptable.

While words can be used to hurt, inform, and heal, they also do a startling thing that most people don't get- They reveal the person writing them.

Try to ask yourselves if what you post will be used as a good example or a bad example of how to communicate. If a 9 year old can figure it out...

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
This is absolutly childish really. Guys are taking things way to personally. I think its changed from a pissing contest to a competition and some guys are leaving because they either cant take the razzing or cant dish it out back.

If we all say we really care about the lighting industry and its future but established members in the indasstreee cant seem to get along how in heck are we going to better anything.

I think alot of it comes from this.... on the net you cant really tell how someone is saying something. I dont really beilive in hiding behind a name. If your going to talk to someone at least have the nads to reveal who you are.

Its not moderation we need. Its more of the golden rule. I really hate to see paul go. He has helped me and inspired me. At the same time I have nothing against Mike G...He out of the kindness of his heart just like paul and others have shared years of experience with thoes of us with less... did they get compesated for it ? no.

If you guys all bail your total wienies. Its the easy way out. Work out your differences... kiss and make up and have a driink on me.

Sandgropher
07-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Gee thats a great lighting picture, its amazing what can be done when you know your craft.

Apart from that i have never seen such a big bunch of sooks on a forum :rolleyes:

Michael J. Donovan
07-03-2007, 09:36 AM
we feel that this lighitng forum is very beneficial to the members of the site...I always thought that the info here was very informative and we do allow everyone to offer their opinions as long as they do so without personally attacking one another.

this forum always seemed quite professional to me and the exchanging of ideas is always welcome...and please remember that if you are ever offended or feel something is unnecessary then please click the "report a post button" and we will look into it

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I will say here and now in open forum... I realize over the last year and a half I have come a tremendous distance as a lighting contractor. In the process I may of become a bit stressed about things and snapped at a few individuals. Someone reminded me that not so long ago I was in the same position of asking a million questions and I got my answers without too much attitude from anyone.

I make the motion from this day forth we all put aside our differences and get along. I also openly aplogize to anyone I ragged one (well besides mike m being a high end homeowner lol just kidding:laugh: )

I really hope we all take this time to think about the real reason we are here. It shouldnt be to toot our own horns at people we never even met or to throne ourselves as the end all be all of lighting techs. It should be to enhance our trade and learn thru the pains and triumphs of others.

Mike M
07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Billy, could you attach an image of this?

Thanks!

Mike M

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Billy, could you attach an image of this?

Thanks!

Mike M

huh ?...........................

Mike M
07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm kidding, no post would be complete without me asking for an image.

sheshovel
07-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Now see how nice that all worked out? ROFLMAO!

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 06:53 PM
well it depends... if i am the only one on board for starting over on the right foot here. I know some people wont jump on but I think everything would be alot better for all of us if we learned to vent on other avenues

David Gretzmier
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I'm all for starting on the right foot. there should be some rules for respectful language of one another. words like stupid, hypocrite, enemy, dumb, know-it all,etc when referring to others is unacceptable. again, I teach my 4 and 9 year old this, surely adults can follow.

If you don't agree, there should be fairness in debate. I learn most from folks who disagree with me but are respectful at the same time.

There should be some way of referring to fixtures and transformers, etc, without trashing them. If they have malfunctioned for you in the past, say that. don't call them a piece of crap or some other waste euphemism.

the more civil we are with each other the more we will learn from each other.

SamIV
07-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I know I don't post much, I stay kinda busy, but those of you who left should be the professionals that you are and return to this forum. Offer the knowledge that you have to the members here that want to move forward in a positive direction in this industry. Everyone needs to quit the bickering and move on. There is no other lighting forum that offers the information that is offered here. This forum as well as all members can prosper from each and everyone here.*truce-whiteflag*

Burt

Pro-Scapes
07-03-2007, 09:26 PM
thats it... burts bringing the crawfish and im bringing the beer... its a truce party southern style.*trucewhiteflag*

Lite4
07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Wow, a lot has transpired over the last few days. This site is truly a respit for me after a long days work. I know I am new to this forum, but I will always be happy to answer questions from any one on this site, and try to help any one that is new to this industry. Most of us live in different parts of the country and will never have our customer base overlap. So why the competition? A free exchange of ideas has always been a good thing. Whatever will raise the aptitude of our fellow associates in this industry, and ultimately raise awareness of true quality lighting to the general public. There should be comradery, not conflict. Mike and Paul, I hope to see both of you back on this site in time. However, I understand someone will have to bury their pride and make the first step back. Not to get preachy here, but the old Bible says in proverbs ("Only by pride cometh contention"). Anyways, I look forward to discussions on many varied topics in time to come.

sheshovel
07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
thats it... burts bringing the crawfish and im bringing the beer... its a truce party southern style.*trucewhiteflag*

I'll dance on the table! Free entertainment!

Chris J
07-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Damn, this is just silly. Just reading the 4 pages of this on-going crap makes me want to sign off as well.

eskerlite
07-04-2007, 11:34 AM
This forum has all types of personalities in it and We should all try to look at it this way: Until we can meet face to face someday we will never know the true person behind the keyboard. If we were all in doing business in a 75 mile radius from each other there might be tension here. There is no reward to the greatest Lighting contractor in the country, only the reward of success and seeing the smiles on your customers faces.
We should all post as professionalls and when we dont it is a true sign of our character.
If someone is negative without merit, dont reply to that post. Simple. When we spend more time taking our ball and going home instead of posting about Landscape Lighting, we have not evolved or matured since we were 10.
Arguments are a different room, two doors down on the left.
Sean C.:rolleyes:

bumper
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
I just wasted 10 minutes of my life wondering how to respond to the idiocy of this thread.......life is short..bullshit winning over sharing of ideas......POOF, gone

NightScenes
07-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow!! I want to say thank you to all of you who have sent me emails and pms. I do appreciate your support. It's funny that all it takes is for someone to point out a problem, and everyone takes a step back and notices. It is great that so many have seen what has happened to this forum and want to get back to what it used to be, a place to help each other and bring our industry up a few notches.

I have been on this forum for over 3 years and the reason that I have been here is because I truly like to help people. Those of you who know me, know that I have a strong passion for this industry and want only the best for it. I come onto the forums to relax and just unwind. Maybe help someone or learn a new technique. The thing is, I come here for enjoyment. If I can't enjoy it, why bother? Why come onto a forum to see someone body slammed? (I can't stand wrestling). Why make a post just to have someone belittle you? These things are not enjoyable

There are people coming to this forum who are new to the industry and need some assistance. It seems that some are scared to even make a post because someone might bite their head off. I donít think someone should be required to have 2 years of experience to participate in this forum. We were all new to this at one time and had some pretty simple questions, Iím sure. What would have happened if we had been knocked down every time we asked a simple question?

It would appear that the people who participate in this forum would like me to stick around and I would LOVE to do so. I look forward to learning and helping others. I like to live by the golden rule and would like for all of us to treat others as we would like to be treated. That's what we teach our children, isnít it?

Anyway, thanks again for all of your words of encouragement and I am ready to have some more fun. *trucewhiteflag* :usflag: :drinkup:

niteliters
07-05-2007, 08:45 AM

james, welcome..read some of your posts on nightbull