PDA

View Full Version : Business question.

stevenf
07-02-2007, 01:40 AM
I am looking for the a huge growth next year and need to know where to start. This year I just passed out flyers from door to door and obtained 5 weekly customers at the moment. I think the reason for only having 5 is because of the late start in advertiseing and there are so many other competitors to compete with.
I want to start with the 5-10k flyers in the newspaper and possibly the yellow pages.
The three questions are 1.) Do I stand a chance on a huge increase from strickly advertiseing or it really depends more on your passed customers and how well your name has been out there in previous years?
2.) when should I start advertising? Louisiana doesnt really have winters and grass grows from december-october lol. What is a good month to hit the advertising full force?
3.) Are the advocate flyers your main source of advertisement? Is that what you see the biggest response on?

bohiaa
07-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Dont kno about where you live, But here in Texas werk king of the same, we get 10 and sometimes 11 months of cutting,

I advertise all the time, newspaper ad's 2 of them. 1 ad in 2 differnt cites that I service,

Flyers when I have the time, I think I have only passed out maybe 75 or 100,
any time I see oa oppunety to advertise I take it.

seems here anyway there is NO right time of the year, with the growing season being what it is,

Bill S
07-02-2007, 05:48 PM
you should always be advertizing! Never stop!

Dollar for dollar you best advertizement in an early stage will be a fully optimized website. Do it right, make it professional and optimize it. Not sure what optimization is? Go to the website part of this m/b and there will be many of us that can give some help.

As far as flyers, do 3 rounds of X thousand in whatever territory you WANT to work in. Spread them out every 10 to 14 days and start one month prior to the start of the "local" busy season.

Also, ask your clients for referrals! Your clients can be a great resource/asset. Do not under utilize them!

Finally, under-promise and over-deliver! It will always make a satisfied client!

bohiaa
07-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Dont kno about where you live, But here in Texas werk king of the same, we get 10 and sometimes 11 months of cutting,

I advertise all the time, newspaper ad's 2 of them. 1 ad in 2 differnt cites that I service,

Flyers when I have the time, I think I have only passed out maybe 75 or 100,
any time I see oa oppunety to advertise I take it.

seems here anyway there is NO right time of the year, with the growing season being what it is,

damn I spell badly

stevenf
07-03-2007, 02:10 AM
so there is no certain month that you set aside for something like flyers in the newspaper? Are the newspaper flyers usually your biggest return?