PDA

View Full Version : Question on slit seeding prices

stumpman
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
I have question about the pricing of slit seeding. I have seen prices of $35.00 to $55.00 per 1000 sq.ft. Some say that includes the slit seeding, grass seed, fertilizer and the labor of spreading the fertilizer. Others say that includes the slit seeding, and grass seed only. With the price of fescue seed going up and down (mostly up), I would like to know how much do you charge for just running the machine (slit seeder, power seeder) per 1000 sq.ft.. Also, do most of you aeravate and slit seed together?

Runner
07-05-2007, 11:41 AM
We get $70 to $75/M.

stumpman
07-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Joe, you say you get 70 to 75.00 dollars a 1,000 sq.ft. That includes the seed, fertilizer, and labor spreading the fertilizer? I am wanting to know what you get per 1,000 sq.ft. for just the machine itself. I know you wouldn't run the slit seeder without seed. I'm just wanting to know what I need to charge for the machine itself and then add the seed and fertilizer. Some people seed a different rates and I will be putting down different kinds of seed (different cost). I'm needing a base to work from before adding the seed, fert. and the labor of spreading the fert. Thanks

stumpman
07-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Come on guys, a little help here, please. I don't want this to get pushed down where I won't get a reply. Danny