PDA

View Full Version : THe ultimate Lighting Work Truck, Van, Car???

Eden Lights
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Some days I love my Truck, some days I hate it. What is everyone using and what would you like to have? I am a big Chevrolet fan, but after hours service is hard to find which is huge when trying to maximize up time. Isuzu and Ford have excellent after hours service in my area so they will be on my would like to have list of cabs, but I just can't decide on a body.

Eden Lights
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
And Yes the truck is in the shop today for brakes. It seems as if there are not enough rainy days this year.

Pro-Scapes
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Right now I just work out of my silverado. I got a folding hard cover on the bed to keep things out of sight and protected. It works well but then again im not doing the volume you guys are. The next step will probably be an enclosed trailer with a cargo van or step van to follow.

Your truck there looks like it would be an awsome service rig for service calls. Plenty of secured storage for small parts and rack for ladders.

klkanders
07-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Hmmm Anyone use anything smaller than my Ranger super cab? It gets cramped but its gets it done.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a 2006 Z71 Pickup hauling a nice 6x12x7 custom Wells Cargo trailer that has been outfitted as a mobile shop. I leave the trailer behind at the jobsite so as to not have to haul all the weight around every day. (Most of my sites are large and the clients have no problem with this.) The trailer cost a few bucks to outfit properly (has 3 way power, heat, tall height, full tool bench, racks, etc etc) but it paid for itself in time savings in the first year. I keep a service kit on the truck at all times.

Photo attached.

Have a great day.

carcrz
07-02-2007, 11:45 PM
I like the looks of that first truck, but you can't haul nearly as much in the bed as you could w/o the boxes. I would much prefer a loaded trailer or even a flatbed w/ some under-bed boxes & maybe one toolbox on top.

Pro-Scapes
07-02-2007, 11:57 PM
hey eden is that a tennessee limo :laugh: :laugh:

Eden Lights
07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I like the looks of that first truck, but you can't haul nearly as much in the bed as you could w/o the boxes. I would much prefer a loaded trailer or even a flatbed w/ some under-bed boxes & maybe one toolbox on top.

Yes I like my bed space too, thats why I have a service body and not a cabover with say 14' box. The bed is 11 feet X 54" inside. We can carry a bundle of conduit, Walk behind concrete saw, Walk behind trencher, Misc. long handle tools, trash can, and a cooler and still can carry away pruning waste when we leave a completed lighting job.