PDA

View Full Version : need spreader and aerator advice for my ExMark

FlyingZ06
07-02-2007, 08:43 PM
I have seen some on JRCO and Lenco and would like to attach to my ExMark Z CT 66" deck.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks! I tried to post in the ExMark section, but the moderators first have to approve them.

wahlturfcare
07-02-2007, 11:34 PM
i made my own attachments using the jrco mount, but wouldnt buy their products as they are too high and nuilt weak.

I have heard alot of complaints in my area about the aerator.

You could buy any electric brodcast unit nd mount the the front of your mower for a cheaper price than jrco.

wahlturfcare
07-02-2007, 11:34 PM
i made my own attachments using the jrco mount, but wouldnt buy their products as they are too high and nuilt weak.

I have heard alot of complaints in my area about the aerator.

You could buy any electric brodcast unit nd mount the the front of your mower for a cheaper price than jrco.

fiveoboy01
07-03-2007, 01:57 AM
I am not sure I'd use their aerator. I don't think I like the design, though I did talk to someone at JRCO extensively about it and he talked it up good but nobody seems to use it, and that says something.

The spring-tine aerator seems like a good piece and I'm planning on buying one for the springtime though.

mkroher
07-03-2007, 07:11 AM
I heard bad things about the aerator.

What I do, is i made myself a little 'trailer' hitch for the mower. (You can buy one for about $65 from your exmark dealer). i "RENT" the tow behind aerator from my local rental store. The big one, that uses 5-5gal jugs of water on it to put weight on. It costs me about $30 for the day to rent.

As far as spreaders, check these out:

http://www.outsidepride.com/store/catalog/ATV-Spreaders-p-16222.html

FlyingZ06
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I was thinking about the pull behind aerator and not JRCO's. The one from J looks kind of crazy.

So buy the JRCO mount and find another spreader....sounds good. thanks for the help guys and any additional input is appreciated!!!

FlyingZ06
07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks again for the reply.