PDA

View Full Version : landscape buildup, need advice

kevinlane
07-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok pros, I need some input on this one. I have to do an estimate on a lawn buildup, rr ties and sod. The area is about 6' wide by 300' long and a slope of about 3 to 4 feet deep. I will need dirt fill to build up and rr ties as a wall. Then sod and filling in an old pond not in use. Some other trimming back of a few flowers and plants. I have no idea where to start. I can do this, but may need some labor help. I can get pics tomorrow if that will help. Or.....should I just say no. This will be a regular monthly service on the grass...The only reason why I want to do the job. Big $$ on this one.

:clapping:

kevinlane
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
no one wants to touch this one i see... LOL

EJD Lawnpride
07-02-2007, 11:19 PM
25yds of topsoil= $3000
1,800sqft sod = $1,800

This is a start for you.

Grits
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Not sure what your question is. Just figure out what you'll need and go do it. Only you can gauge how long it will take you to do it. I would definitely get a helper for this one. But yeah, I would do it. Sounds fairly straight forward.

kevinlane
07-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Ejd, would that include labor or should I calculate that into the toatal? Your figures are pretty close to what I was looking at plus the rr ties and rock to fill in the pond. Am I gettin warm, brutha? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Mancinioldhorse
07-03-2007, 01:59 AM
I couldn't tell you what the prices are in your area but you need to calculate the amount of fill needed...plus you need to backfill 3/4 minus gravel at least 6" below the RR ties up to 6" below the top of the wall all along the wall for drainage along with perf pipe. Then I would fill will 80% sandy loam and then top soil on top of that.

Calculate your man hours to build the wall, cost of materials, cost to move & back fill the gravel, then sandy loam, then top soil. Rental of tractor or bobcat...cost of Sod and man hours to lay it...etc...etc.

EJD Lawnpride
07-03-2007, 09:38 PM
My prices include the labor. I think mancinioldhorse is right with the wall. That would be out my realm. Sorry I can't help with the wall pricing.