PDA

View Full Version : how can you keep your stripes if i have to blow after

blowerboy
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
?
if im not bagging is it possable to kepp my stripes evn if i blow after?

02DURAMAX
07-03-2007, 12:05 AM
What do you mean if you blow after?

blowerboy
07-05-2007, 10:48 AM
is it possable to keep stripes after blowing the grass, EX i cut the grass , than blow after, then the stripes are gone

carcrz
07-05-2007, 10:53 AM
If you have to blow off the grass, it's either too wet or too tall.

blowerboy
07-05-2007, 10:54 AM
ok, i figured ill bagg it from now on, thanks dave

carcrz
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Don't bag unless you have too. If it is too high, make one pass over everything at a travel height (or a height to take off an inch or so) & then go over it again a little lower. One thing I've found here is that if it isn't raining heavy all the time, I can cut high one week & then work it down to a lower height as the weeks go by. You can't always do that, but I do if I can. If you have to bag it, make sure you charge accordingly. No sense in doing it for free!

KathysLGC
07-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Seeing your from Greenwich, I think I know why your blowing the lawn after cutting..... Your probly seeing the workers of other companies doing it. I see it all the time in my town. Guys cut the lawn then two other guys will blow the clippings around to disperse them. One will have a walk behind blower while the other is using the back pack blower.
To me it makes no sense. They even use Exmark and Scag in my area but they just don't know what they are doing....

DoetschOutdoor
07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Somthing is seriously wrong if you have to blow the grass after your done, especially if your doing it in July

Runner
07-05-2007, 05:55 PM
It is not that uncommon. If the whole thing or large areas need it, then just double cut. This can also be done with the deck up about 3/3 of an inch higher than the cut. This disperses the clippings real well. If it is just real small areas you are referring to, then just when you blow, - blow the direction of the rows. This may work well if you walk across the rows. That is usually what I always did.