PDA

View Full Version : Dixie or Exmark

TJLANDS
07-02-2007, 11:57 PM
After 12 + years of only Dixie Chopper ZTR's I have put two demo Exmarks to work for two weeks. Thanks to a Exmark rep. One crew this week and one crew next week. Basically it is a 60" Dixie with a 28hp Kohler against a 60"
ultra cut deck 28 Kawi Exmark. Both 2007 models.
One crew will cut homes, mostly 15K-40k.
The other will be cutting large commercial sites where the mower will
run 7+ hours everyday.
Basically my Dixie dealer sold out to a bigger dealer and the service went south big time. For me dealer support is a big part of my decision. We will see.

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 04:15 PM
For anyone interested, Exmark won out hands down for us.
I will phase out Dixie and go with Exmark.
There was actually nothing on the Dixies that my guys liked better
than the Exmark.
I was surprised, Bought two so far.
60" 28HP Kawi Ultra-cut decks

Lazer_Z
11-04-2007, 04:35 PM
TJ, Are you sure you have an Ultra-Cut deck? and not a Triton? or did you go with the eXmark Lazer Z AS?

Rob

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I liked the Ulta-cut deck and the price package that came with it.
I will look up the model for you when I get a chance, but yes it is not the Triton

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Exm Las28ka604

SimonCX
11-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I was actually going to buy a dixie extreme but decided not to because alot of guys where saying that there deck design was outdated compared to other companies and I really don't deal with the dealers that sell dixie's. Which do you think cuts better the chopper or exmark?

shade tree landscaping
11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
hey TJLANDS, if you are talking about the dealer I think you are, yes I can agree with you that their service has gone down hill really fast! . . .let me guess whcih one, a little past 6 flags on 537? which dealer did u for you Exmarks, I ask b/c I am in the market for one and located really close to you(freehold)

lifetree
11-04-2007, 09:40 PM
TJLANDS -- Your profile says that you also run Walkers ... I'm just curious what you use the Walkers for if you also run the Exmark's/Dixie's ??

WREBELMACHINE
11-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Simoncx

I have owned both and both have there strong points so it will depend on the type of mowing you are doing! Alot of it will be preferrence!

rockysmith
11-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I've never owned an exmark but just recently purchased a Dixie High Performance which is working out well.
Before the Dixie I owned a Scag Turf Tiger.
I switched because of pricing difference the Dixie having the best value

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I was actually going to buy a dixie extreme but decided not to because alot of guys where saying that there deck design was outdated compared to other companies and I really don't deal with the dealers that sell dixie's. Which do you think cuts better the chopper or exmark?

The exmark cuts better, both wet and dry grass, makes better lines and my guys say it is more comfortable to drive.

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 10:12 PM
hey TJLANDS, if you are talking about the dealer I think you are, yes I can agree with you that their service has gone down hill really fast! . . .let me guess whcih one, a little past 6 flags on 537? which dealer did u for you Exmarks, I ask b/c I am in the market for one and located really close to you(freehold)

Yes that is the one.
I have switched to Lakehurst Lawn mower for the Exmarks and the Redmax equipment.

TJLANDS
11-04-2007, 10:22 PM
TJLANDS -- Your profile says that you also run Walkers ... I'm just curious what you use the Walkers for if you also run the Exmark's/Dixie's ??

We do 70% commercial 30% residential. The walkers are very productive in the condo-townhouse developments where bagging around mulch beds and small areas is a must, and for the high end residential homes we service. Many people pay extra to bag backyard pool areas. One assisted Living complex of 14 acres(grass) is all bagged and dumped on site. Most of my crews have one or two 60" ZTRs and one 48" walker.

Denham Lawnboy
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I am trading in my toro Z400 for a larger model. What is toros version of the ultra cut or the triton decks?

tacoma200
11-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I am trading in my toro Z400 for a larger model. What is toros version of the ultra cut or the triton decks?

The Turbo Force is the best or at least top of the line deck for Toro ZTR's.

TJLANDS
04-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Just in Case anyone is interested, I have switched to Exmark for my 60" riders.
My guys love em, and they are just years ahead of Dixie Chopper.
They cut better, they ride better, they have a better warranty and
they are cheaper by about 1K. And they look better.
I have not been able to put the Exmark Navigator ahead of the Walker, yet.

I did demo both decks and went with the Ultra-cut deck. It seems to cut the thick Bluegrass lawns better than the Triton.

WREBELMACHINE
04-05-2008, 09:00 PM
You must have diffrent grass there than what we do!