PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried mulching w/ everride ?

lzrj
07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm am looking at buying a baffle, a chute blocker and getting a set of mulching blades. Seeing if anyone has mulched with an everride and does it do a good job. The clippings are really the only thing I do not like about this machine. I cut at 3 1/2 inches. At that height it leaves a great cut and good stripes but the clippings make it not look as good when I reverse directions and spray the clipping back over the clean cut grass.

TCossuto
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
I also am considering this this weekend. It's rediculious after such persision cuts that it gets trashed by the clippings.

What would really be nice is a mower that alternated discharge sides after a 180 degree turn. Might not be TOO realistic, but would be cool.

lzrj
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
If you alternate sides, that would continue to have the clippings pile up in the grass you have not cut. That would lead to major grass pile up and would eventually bog down (Same is if you continued to mow same direction). It would keep what you mowed looking good though. Mulching is the best way to go, free fertilizer for the grass and quicker decomposition.

HenryB
07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
The long clippings are why I do not own an Everride Warrior!:cry:

coxslawncare
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Have tried a trac vac blocker on a 52 inch hornet with gators, reduced the amount of clippings but the trac vac unit does not seal very well against the deck allowing for a lot of blowout which will still clump

corey4671
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I too was not satisfied with the longer clippings...so I went to double blades. Gators over high lifts. greatly reduced the clippings...or as my dealer put it...a green mist. I have a chute blocker ordered and plan to have it installed shortly. Also plan to install the baffle kit from Jungle Jim's before this fall...I havea feeling with the Gators, chute blocker and the baffle..this one be one bad leaf mulching machine!

Envy Lawn Service
07-12-2007, 01:12 AM
Glad to hear someone has found the answer to the long clippings....

lzrj
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I thought about running doubles but after research, I really don't want to put that much more strain on the engine or PTO. It's funny because you see all those large grass blades flying out but when I scrap the deck, everything that falls out from under the deck is "mush". If I don't scrap it, all that mush full of moisture will mold during the week and really stink up my John Deere room.

Envy Lawn Service
07-12-2007, 01:44 AM
I thought about running doubles but after research, I really don't want to put that much more strain on the engine or PTO. It's funny because you see all those large grass blades flying out but when I scrap the deck, everything that falls out from under the deck is "mush". If I don't scrap it, all that mush full of moisture will mold during the week and really stink up my John Deere room.

I think trying doubles, or Meg-Mo's or some type of mulch blade in an attempt to reduce the discharged clipping length has a much greater chance of success than trying to mulch with the EverFlow deck design. Everride doesn't make a mulch kit for it for a reason. Tunnel decks are for side discharging or bagging.

MANICURED LAWNS
07-12-2007, 01:46 AM
just explain to the customer that their grass needs to be mowed twice a week...take a lil off the first cut of the week and then get um the second time around theyre getting twice as much but not paying quite twice as much...they are really saving money! try it works for telemarketers all the time