PDA

View Full Version : Does the industry need a unified ad/marketing campaign -- something like "got milk?"

L&LNewbie
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Does the industry need a unified ad/marketing campaign -- something like "got milk?" Or "Pork the other white meat." Why/why not?

Would something like this work in the green industry? Would you contribute to it?

If you were creating one for the entire green industry (lawn care, maintenance, d/b, tree care) what would your slogan be?

fiveoboy01
07-03-2007, 11:05 PM
No, I don't believe it would work.

Milk is a product, and not a service. The end product is virtually the same regardless of what grocery store or gas station you buy it from.

LCOs span a wide spectrum when it comes to service, pricing and quality of work.

Not to mention the fact that a vast majority of people drink milk, and a fraction of those people actually pay for grounds service.

L&LNewbie
07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
But what about just to talk about the benefits of the services the industry provides in general -- the fact that landscapes add to home values, benefit the environment, filter groundwater, etc.?

Does Project EverGreen get this message out good enough?

GSPHUNTER
07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Whose going to pay for it? To do that, you would need some kind of organization like a union or similar organization.

Ducke
07-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Hmmmmmm I can see it now.
the slogan could be.
"Got Grass ?"

The back ground could be a picture of the crowd at Woodstock 69.
The by line could be "Hire an Independent lawn Care Service"

and at the bottom of the poster could be "Green is Beautiful"
"Green Power " with Kermit the frog with his fist raised in the air

L&LNewbie
07-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Whose going to pay for it? To do that, you would need some kind of organization like a union or similar organization.

I've been researching Project EverGreen (http://www.projectevergreen.com/) -- they just take donations from contractors. Does anyone/would anyone consider supporting this organization? Why/why not?