PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chopper.....any good?

kevinlane
07-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone know anything about the WB36 Dixie Chopper? Is it any good? Dealer has a good buy on it right, just wondering if anyone has a dixie and can tell me the pros and cons. Thanks

here's the link. :gunsfirin

http://www.dixiechopper.com/models_WB.php

kevinlane
07-05-2007, 04:40 PM
No one in this biz uses Dixie Chopper?

KTO Enterprises
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Over rated bucked of sheezy. Terrible factory to dealer parts program and support, so guess who that affects.

If I had to name a top 3 overall good use Z would be.
1 scag
2 snapper pro
3 Grasshopper

Walker makes an excellent mower although I would only recommend using it on High end yards with no sand and good turfgrass, not crap grass.

DiyDave
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I have a year old Dixie chopper rider with the 28 HP efi Kohler. Aside from eating the engine to deck belt at 250 hrs, I haven't put any other part (other than filters) into it. I Don't know about the other model of which you speak, but my Dixie Chopper beats the hell out of the POS Gravely I ran for 10 years, and the dealer service is better-Get this he actually has belts in stock, and you don't have to wait a week or 10 days to get the belts to the dealer, like with Gravely!:cool2: :cool2:

kevinlane
07-05-2007, 07:02 PM
ok this is getting good keep the input coming, tks bruthas for your input so far.

S.W.T.1975
07-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I've got a 50'' Dixie Chopper. It works for me, but I'd probably not buy another one. It seems Dixie became popular back in the day and then quit trying to improve on the design....buy a toro, scag, exmark, etc.

lifetree
07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Dixie Chopper is way over priced, go with another brand ... take a look at Dixon !!

Mowingman
07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
The walkbehind you are looking at is one of those cheap-built Chinese mowers. It is sold under many names, including Redhawk and Bradley.
They just have them painted in D.C. colors.

tinman
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
The walkbehind you are looking at is one of those cheap-built Chinese mowers. It is sold under many names, including Redhawk and Bradley.

I have 2 choppers which I like alot.... i also use a toro walk behind which I love but rarely use as it is not a rider:)

SkyLawncare
07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I work for the county and they just bought us a brand new Gravely:

http://www.gravely.com/products/zeroturn/260MXDZ/

I think they paid around 7,000 for it. It's the only zero turn mower I've used, so I don't have much to compare it with but it certainly seems to be a good product. I think this particular one has a Kawasaki engine on it.

I think the quality of the Gravely is better than it used to be, but I have heard dealer service isn't as good as it could be.

http://www.farmcountrytrader.com/Images/Photos/10253413_070329180721_T.jpg

razor1
07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Anyone know anything about the WB36 Dixie Chopper?
Never knew they made one.

The walkbehind you are looking at is one of those cheap-built Chinese mowers.
DC must be getting desperate. :nono:

kevinlane
07-11-2007, 09:45 PM

So in your opinion, the dixie chopper wb is junk, so I should look at Toro or something, huh?

DillonsLawnCare
07-12-2007, 11:15 PM
hi, i am 14 years old and i have about 8 accounts and most of my customers wait till there grass is pretty high. i currently own toro 52" walkbehind t-bar, and its just not getting the job done fast enough for me. i mow about 10 acres in all. ive recently had it in the shop and spent about 500$ on repairs for this mower cause of high grass. i am looking to upsize to a commercial zero turn rider. ive been looking at toro, exmark, dixie chopper, ferris, and scag. each dealer of course says there mower is the best but i dont know what i want. i have a guy thats willing to sell me his 52" zrt toro '05, for $5000. should i make this purchase, is this a good deal? should i stick with my walkbehind? i have demoed many riders and they all seem the same. i need durability and speed and a great cut. please reply.

thanks
Dillon

twj721
07-12-2007, 11:19 PM
demoed a DC about 2 years ago was not impressed , controls very touchy and the frt end to me felt light as it would try to come off the ground when climbing a hill that I have never had any trouble with our other mower

DillonsLawnCare
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
i would go with a toro walkbehind. >> durablilty, t-bar easy control, DONT GET PISTOL GRIP(they'll give you carpel tunnel), get floating deck..easy to change height of cut. and when people see you out there cutting their grass with a toro, they know there getting the same great cut they've come to expect time after time! go with toro! you will not be let down. you take care of it. it'll take care of you.

kevinlane
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM
i would go with a toro walkbehind. >> durablilty, t-bar easy control, DONT GET PISTOL GRIP(they'll give you carpel tunnel), get floating deck..easy to change height of cut. and when people see you out there cutting their grass with a toro, they know there getting the same great cut they've come to expect time after time! go with toro! you will not be let down. you take care of it. it'll take care of you.

Actually I went with the exmark 32" Metro. I got it today. I was informed the DC WB is a POS. The Toro was out of my price range....so I tried out the Ex and loved it. I even had the mulching kit installed and ended up buying a stihl edger and hedger. The ExMark is a nice machine and also made by the same company, unless i was mislead. But thanks for the input brutha. :clapping:

DillonsLawnCare
07-14-2007, 01:00 AM
oh yeah...exmarks a great mower!! GREAT BUY!!! toro, exmark, scag....itll all work for the work youll be doing! Great mower. Remember

X marks the spot!

McCarty'sLawncare
07-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I just bought a 2007 Dixie and I love it. With the generac 25 hp with a blade tip speed at 19,500 I love the way it handles I cut mostly St. augustine on alot of thick turf full speed doesnt miss a blade of grass. I swear mowers are like Ford and Chevy. The main reason I went with Dixie is the weight. For a 50 inch deck on board it has a dry weight of 700 lbs. Which makes me happy. Takecare