PDA

View Full Version : Echo Weed Wacker Quit

Clifford Lulham
07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I have an older model Echo Weed Wacker (SRM-200AE) and this is the first time it has given me trouble, I beleive it needs an ignition coil, or Ignition module can anyone help me find one at a reasonable price?

topsites
07-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Echos do that, they last forever and one day they crap out.

Most if not all Echo coils are guaranteed for life, thou you'll need to find the owner's manual for yours and read the entire warranty section to find that. Then, you get to find a dealer who wants to do it, prepare to pay for the labor (shouldn't be more than $25 or so) but don't be surprised if it takes 6 months before it's fixed.

That was my experience.
Then it ran great for a month or two and crapped out again.
I've cleaned the exhaust port, replaced the muffler, replaced the spark plug and air filter, removed and completely cleaned the carb, replaced the in-tank fuel filter, you know, what could it be, the engine?
Compression's over 120 psi, so who knows, and if I ever figure it out and get it fixed again, what's next?

It really is cheaper to buy another.

ncls
07-04-2007, 09:08 AM
replace the 3 rubber hoses, and fuel filter, and the little white vent.

MagsLawn
07-18-2007, 12:48 PM
My question is what maintenace have you done in the past for the Echo, change fuel filter, spark plug, ect. on a regular or better yet yearly basis?

Vikings
07-18-2007, 03:34 PM
I just bought a new 210 and when I start it, it actually idles, lol. My old one hasn't done that for a while. It got harder and harder to start, I began starting it with the throttle squeezed then I would have to gun and gun it. I would start working and it would just cut out dead. Once it got warmed up it was good but I do so many small yards it was adding like 2-3 minutes, just trying to start the damn thing.

Should always have a spare anyway.

Bill S
07-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Echo power equipment has gone down hill over the years. They used to make really good power equipment, now, not so good.

ed2hess
07-21-2007, 03:42 PM
Echo power equipment has gone down hill over the years. They used to make really good power equipment, now, not so good.

That simply is not true the commercial units are still at the top of the line nobody makes a better 2 stroke engine. And the degraded reliability is due to the emissions laws that necessitates running the units lean.

josh1981
07-22-2007, 07:44 PM
That simply is not true the commercial units are still at the top of the line nobody makes a better 2 stroke engine. And the degraded reliability is due to the emissions laws that necessitates running the units lean.

why I bought all stihl power equipment.

ed2hess
07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
why I bought all stihl power equipment.

So which Stihl model do you have?

josh1981
07-24-2007, 09:32 AM
So which Stihl model do you have?

stihl br 600 blower, sh95 blower with vaccum, fs 45 trimmer, km 55r powerhead with saw blade for cutting small stumps, weed cutting blade, and edger attatchment, ms 290 and 180c saws.

also a toro mower- soon to have a honda one