PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZG20

rdgrump
07-04-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a 2004 Kubota ZG20 with a Kohler 20 h.p. engine, It starts and runs fine until I bring in the steering arms, the it runs for about 3 seconds then goes dead, if I push the arms back out it will continue to run. I checked the wiring to the safety switches and it appears to be connected properly. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, Grump

TLS
07-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Safety switch somewhere.

Try unplugging the seat safety switch and jumping that.

khouse
07-04-2007, 07:17 PM
It's one of the safety switches on the arms. Some units have a delay in the safety kill feature. That would be explain your 3 second delay. This way if your bouncing up and down in your seat it woun't back fire or die.

TLS
07-04-2007, 07:19 PM
It's one of the safety switches on the arms. Some units have a delay in the safety kill feature. That would be explain your 3 second delay. This way if your bouncing up and down in your seat it woun't back fire or die.

Yes, the arm switch is whats causing it, but it's likely the seat switch thats the problem. It's thinking no one is in the seat.

khouse
07-04-2007, 07:51 PM
TLS. Could be either. But your probably right.

rdgrump
07-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks to all, I'll check the switches and provide feedback.

rdgrump
07-04-2007, 08:51 PM
After checking the switches and still had the problem, I accidently discovered that the brake pedal was not returning to the full extended position. I pulled it out to the correct position and that seems to have corrected the problem. The Brake return spring is not strong enough to return pedal to the correct position. Thanks to all that replied.