PDA

View Full Version : Kubota ZD326 Problem

greenscapes,inc.
07-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok for you diesel mechanics... I bought a new zd326 about 2 weeks ago. Today I was mowing with it and I noticed that my right side fuel tank was getting low so I switched to the left. After about a min. it sputtered and quit. So I thought that I had shut off the fuel but after looking I didn't. I cranked it and after about 30 secs it fired up. From there on it ran like crap. No power, sputtering and just not running right. So i continued to run it to see if it would fix itself some how and it never did. Finally I loaded it on my truck and it almost didn't make it up the ramp at full throttle. I drive to my shop to unload it and the thing starts and runs perfect. I ran it for about 15 min. and no problems whatsoever.
I'm stumped and I don't know alot about diesel motors. What are your thoughts?

Campbell's Lawn Service
07-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Sounds like there was an air bubble in the line. Can't tell you why it happened when you switched tanks though. I know that if I run my zd 21 or 28 out of fuel this same thing always happens. The quickest way to bleed the line is loosen the fuel injectors one at a time just a little bit. this lets the air escape and lets them fill with fuel again.

wall
07-04-2007, 09:23 PM
removed reply