PDA

View Full Version : does any one got the new freedom z ?

SPENCER HUNTER
07-05-2007, 01:46 PM
one of my neighbor has been looking at the new 2007 freedom z by scag it starts at $4995 for the 48 inch cut and they have the 52 too!!! i've been trying to talk him into the -cub tiger 48inch that is what i have and use daily igot it used with 380 hr now it has 495 hours just replaced the belt for the deck for the 1st time,,, it was strenched over 1 or more inches started slipping and starting to have a few worn places on it and making the awful noises when u got into some thick stuff,, the model that i have is a 2004,,, no problems so far a great machine,,,built like a tank,,,:clapping:

windsory
07-05-2007, 02:35 PM
How much did you pay for your Tiger Cub when you bought it used?

rainman14624
07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
I have about 12 hours on a Freedom Z with 26 Briggs ELS and 48-inch cut. Even in the 95-degree heat and 95-percent humidity, it's not a burden to cut my 2.5 acres anymore. I even cut an acre of open yard for my neighbor quite often. The Briggs gets bashed by the professionals, but I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) and I think it's well-suited for my homeowner application. The only place I have to slow down is for the lush stand of bahia over my septic tank lines. The Briggs wouldn't bog down at higher speeds, but the cut suffered, so I slowed down to about half speed so I wouldn't have to double cut. For what it's worth, I negotiated a price of $4799, but the normal price is $4995. My mowing time was cut from almost 4 hours on a craftsman lawn tractor to an hour and 45 minutes.

KTO Enterprises
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
I say spend the extra grand and buy the tiger cub over the freedom z. The freedom z is not built anything like a tiger cub.

rainman14624
07-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Indeed, the Tiger Cub is a heavier duty machine, but I figured it was overkill for my homeowner use. Anyway, 10 years down the road I'll want a Turf Tiger with a turbo-charged EFI engine.:laugh:

KTO Enterprises
07-05-2007, 09:55 PM
I just think for the extra grand its more than worth buying the tiger cub. The freedom z has a cable deck lift system, aluminum spindle housings. It is a lot better than the home crapo equipment though, I do think scag could have done a little better on the price. Possibly 4,399 instread of 4,999

SPENCER HUNTER
07-06-2007, 12:32 AM
i got my tiger cub for a little under 3 grand i did a little horse trading i had a 8N tractor with a 8 foot bush hog,,i paid 500 for the tractor it was junk but i rebuilt the rearend and did some work on the engine it wasn't real pretty to look at but it did a great job cutting grass andy bought it for hisdad to use at his farm he bought a finishing deck for it ,,,it actually did a good job after that investment