PDA

View Full Version : Sthil 420

anj
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I Have The Sthil 420 Blower. I Have Only Had It For About A Year. It Dosent Seem To Be Blowing Full Power. It Seem To Sputter When I Use It. I Checked The Filter And Its Clean. Anyone Have Any Ideas What This My Be?

zak406
07-05-2007, 10:44 PM
spark arrestor pull it out its the screen thing on the end of the exaugst pipe

Taylor Yardworks
07-05-2007, 10:59 PM
I Have The Sthil 420 Blower. I Have Only Had It For About A Year. It Dosent Seem To Be Blowing Full Power. It Seem To Sputter When I Use It. I Checked The Filter And Its Clean. Anyone Have Any Ideas What This My Be?

Warm engine, adjust idle speed first, then hold throttle wide open and adjust high rpm screw to get the highest rpm, then let idle, then hold throttle wide open for a second and let go and then do it again...if it doesn't hesitate then you're good to go!

ed2hess
07-06-2007, 05:32 PM
spark arrestor pull it out its the screen thing on the end of the exaugst pipe

I think we have a winner.....those darn things catch me all the time...still don't understand why I don't take all this junk off immediately.

anj
07-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey Guys I Fill Like A Nut. The Newer 420 Carb Cant Be Adjusted Its Preset At Factory. I Took The Thing Into The Shop And All It Needed Was A New Filter. I Spent $35 + Parts For Nothing. I Also Noticed After Running With The Flame Arrestor Out It Was Melting The Plastic Where The Little Tube Stick Out.

walker/redmax
07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Nevermind.:laugh:

ed2hess
07-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys I Fill Like A Nut. The Newer 420 Carb Cant Be Adjusted Its Preset At Factory. I Took The Thing Into The Shop And All It Needed Was A New Filter. I Spent $35 + Parts For Nothing. I Also Noticed After Running With The Flame Arrestor Out It Was Melting The Plastic Where The Little Tube Stick Out.

Carb can be adjusted....pull the plastic stops out and throw them away....someday after the units gets much older you will need to adjust the carb. Don't take stops out until you need to adjust....

anj
07-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I Almost Did That Glad I Didnt. Thanks For Info.