PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a company name

lawnboyCO
07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
What goes into choosing a company name? I like the name "Mountain Landcare", but I kinda think when you hear landcare you think of estates and commercial properties and thats not what I am wanting to start with.

bohiaa
07-06-2007, 07:49 AM
also depends on where you plan on advertising,

studies have shown that people dont want to weed through a ton af companys decideing on one, they will take the 1st 3rd or 4th one on the list. "what ever the list being" Like in the phone book and such, something starting with "M" would be down the list, and NOT called on offten.
"according to studies anyway"
To let you in on my name, My name is Kurt, my wife's name is Gina, I started with KnG's lawn service, the public seen this as KING. so now were King, not too far down the list and it just seem to work.

ya may want to think about gimics, think about it, have you ever seen Grannie Smith pies??? well guess waht there is NO Grannie Smith, they just came up with that,

Good luck.

P.S. I dont like Mountain either

echeandia
07-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I compiled a long list of names and eventually went with one that included my last name, Echeandia Lawns & Landscapes. Its not easy to say, but people remember it. Go with a name that you like.

M.C.L.C.
07-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I disagree with you bohiaa, as you can probably tell Michael's Complete lawn Care, inc. also starts with an "M". We get to many calls. I think most people including myself, when they open the yellow pages look for the biggest ads first. Unless you know a specific business name your looking for you just look to see if they can afford a good ad. As long as the name sounds some what professional IMO i dont think it would matter what letter it started with. This is not meant to start any sort of argument, and was not meant to be directed toward you bohiaa just my own opinion.