PDA

View Full Version : What are dealers thinking???

DJL50
07-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Last year when I was looking for a ZTR I went to my local Hustler dealer and his units were sitting out in the mud with grass growing up through the foot plate. Went by another dealer today. Had his ZTRs out by the road with the same sitting in the weeds things going on. No way in hell am I ever going to spend 6 or 8K for a "new" mower in such shape. That may have been ok years ago when spending 1K for a lawn tractor but now it's like buying a car. When you take them in for service over the winter. Hope it don't snow because your ZTR will be buried.
Am I over reacting? Anyone feel the same as I do??

MeadowsLawnCare
07-06-2007, 01:53 AM
I agree, a lot of mowers these days cost as much as a good used car. You wouldn't buy a car that is sitting in an overgrown lot or filled with mud.

BobcatZT
07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Last year when I was looking for a ZTR I went to my local Hustler dealer and his units were sitting out in the mud with grass growing up through the foot plate. Went by another dealer today. Had his ZTRs out by the road with the same sitting in the weeds things going on.

Good god.......seriously?

I would of said " oh sorry, I came to spend 8 grand on a new mower, guess I will go to a dealer that sells NEW mowers" and turned around and walked right out.

delphied
07-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Most dealers and mower companies have had it so easy for so many years, they can get away with it. I dont have to tell you guys that the cost of mowers keeps going up and up. The price you get to mow keeps going down. Most operators just want to know how much the payment will be and these companies sell sell sell no matter what.

Tharrell
07-06-2007, 07:34 AM
Weathered mowers are not a pretty sight are they? Ask for a discount. There's usually nothing wrong with them but some faded paint and after a few months in service who will notice?