PDA

View Full Version : just starting

atlwteboy240
07-06-2007, 01:27 AM
im just starting my buisness with a scag 52" walk behind, but my question is where can i get one of the things you stand on with the wheels that pulls you behind the mower?? ive looked on scags site and on the site for my local dealer, but i was trying to get some prices online.. any help would be great..

firefightergw
07-06-2007, 02:32 AM
im just starting my buisness with a scag 52" walk behind, but my question is where can i get one of the things you stand on with the wheels that pulls you behind the mower?? ive looked on scags site and on the site for my local dealer, but i was trying to get some prices online.. any help would be great..

They're called sulkys or sulkies. You can get them on ebay for around $100-$150.

ATVracer
07-06-2007, 07:31 AM
"Jungle Jim"

atlwteboy240
07-06-2007, 08:30 AM
i looked on ebay and didnt see anything do they have to be spacific to the brand of mower??

Runner
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
No. There are several brands out there and they are completely universal. Look into some of these supply places for lawn equipment and parts. A few are sponsors on this site...just click on their icon. It IS recommended that you get the two wheeled version over the on wheeled, though.

atlwteboy240
07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
ok cool thanks alot..

lawnpro724
07-06-2007, 02:15 PM

Check out www.alamia.com they sell several and at good prices too.

atlwteboy240
07-06-2007, 03:56 PM
i like this one

http://www.alamia.com/index.asp?PG=80&ID=782&VSP=1

but dont have that kind of money right now, but i do have good welding skills and a bunch of junk laying around the house i think i may try to weld something up. mabey ill use the back part of a tricycle. its flat to stand on and already has 2 wheels and an axle. all i have to do is get some sheet metal to build something to protect my feet from going off the front of it..

and prolly some diamond shaped wire mesh to add grip..