PDA

View Full Version : Sterling Bullet

Boycea
07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Has anyone seen the new class 4 and 5 sterling bullet. I got a brochure in the mail the other day and the truck seems pretty sweet. Basically looks like a dodge ram on steroids. you can check out pictures and specs at their website: NothingStopsTheBullet.com Does anyone know an MSRP on the cab and chasis?

mag360
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
They are the same as the new Ram 4500 and 5500 series trucks.
Cummins engine with Aisin automatic or getrag 6 speed manual. Exhaust brake comes as standard equipment. They look like winners.

Albemarle Lawn
07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Ford, Dodge, and Mercedes.

Basically, Ford and Dodge both did Mercedes while she was fertile.

That truck looks like a mixed up mutt, but the specs look good and it should be a pretty tough truck. Kind of like a pit bull poodle mix.

Detroitdan
07-10-2007, 05:48 AM
Looks like a plain old Dodge to me. I bet those doors would unbolt and bolt right up to a Ram. And the back doors are tiny just like a Ram crew cab. I guess Dodge finally decided to get back into the medium duty truck market, but apparently didn't want to put their name on it.
Last I new Sterling was owned by Ford. I used to tow a lot of new Sterling Acterras with the Mercedes engine, IIRC it was computer related problems most of the time. Bet you see these truck with the Dodge trim eventually.

mag360
07-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Looks like a plain old Dodge to me. I bet those doors would unbolt and bolt right up to a Ram. And the back doors are tiny just like a Ram crew cab. I guess Dodge finally decided to get back into the medium duty truck market, but apparently didn't want to put their name on it.
Last I new Sterling was owned by Ford. I used to tow a lot of new Sterling Acterras with the Mercedes engine, IIRC it was computer related problems most of the time. Bet you see these truck with the Dodge trim eventually.

Dodge version was out first.

ghuffman3
07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Sterling is owned by Freightliner

J&R Landscaping
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I have seen several of the Dodge C&C trucks as well as many upfitted ones. I have yet to see one of the new sterlings except for online. The local dealer doesn't have them in stock yet.