PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36"

cgaengineer
07-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Anyone near the Atlanta area that would give me a tour of their Quick 36". I am not one for purchasing sight unseen so I would like to put my hands on one before purchase.

grass2cash
07-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I thought the same way until I received mine last week. The overall experience, not to mention the product are great. Although I could stand more speed it surpassed my expectations. How may owners of anything you purchase correspond with you? He is the kind of guy you wouldnt mind just shooting the isht about anything with... real personable dude. I have the 36/Kaw and it cuts as good if not better than my MFT. Always remember, if you are not completely satisfied with the mower you can always return it for a FULL refund. That was one of the deciding factors for me. Good luck, and good mowing.

cgaengineer
07-06-2007, 02:07 PM
What about the Ferris HydroCut 36" it appears to be a very similar machine and a local dealer has one.

grass2cash
07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I know nothing of Ferris but why get a 13hp mower when you can get 16 horses for 2600 vs 3k? Another great incentive is that Better is offering all accessories half off for a limited time. I got the step saver, blades, mulch kit, and a sweet arse shirt for a mere 2900. Hell, if you want home delivery you can get it dropped off in your driveway for the base price of the Ferris. I do however like the height adjustment of the Ferris, but I can reconfigure my deck within a minutes time. I hope this helps.

cgaengineer
07-06-2007, 03:32 PM
The height adjustment is a definite plus for me as most of the yards I cut are Bermuda in front and Fescue in the rear...having to unbolt to change is not something I want to do.

The Quick 36" does have larger engine, but lacks the easy height adjustment. The Ferris dealer is also about 5 miles from my house which is also a plus...I have not made a decision, and am currently taking in all advice.

Exact Rototilling
07-06-2007, 04:25 PM
50% off the Quick 36 & 44 extra goodies is for the rest of the month.

:clapping:

cgaengineer
07-06-2007, 08:37 PM
OK, I got to take a Ferris HydroCut 36" home and I didnt like the controls, nor did I like the fixed deck or single hydro drive...looks like the Dual Hydro 40" Toro for me...if you wanna play you gotta pay!!

cgaengineer
07-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Hopefully the Toro with floating deck will nearly eliminate the scalping that occured with the Ferris.

Howard Roark
07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
The height adjustment is a definite plus for me as most of the yards I cut are Bermuda in front and Fescue in the rear...having to unbolt to change is not something I want to do.

The Quick 36" does have larger engine, but lacks the easy height adjustment. The Ferris dealer is also about 5 miles from my house which is also a plus...I have not made a decision, and am currently taking in all advice.

Not sure what you consider "easy", but we change our adjustment on our models in less than 2 minutes. It's certainly not hard...

Richard Martin
07-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Not sure what you consider "easy", but we change our adjustment on our models in less than 2 minutes. It's certainly not hard...

The Ferris height control has them all beat hands down. It is infinately variable and is a simple hand crank. Turn it clockwise and it goes up, counter clockwise and it goes down. Any height you want in seconds.

GPDesign1
07-07-2007, 09:58 AM
couple of tech specs to remember about the Q-36 when comparing to other SD hydros...

It's almost Two and a Half FEET shorter and significantly lighter, both of which contribute greatly to easier handling.

Have a good weekend guys.

gp

cgaengineer
07-07-2007, 12:34 PM
OK, went to my local Toro dealer and came home with the 40" Toro Hydro...what a machine!!

Will post pics later tonight...going to try it out on the vacant house in my neighborhood.

Howard Roark
07-08-2007, 12:28 AM
The Ferris height control has them all beat hands down. It is infinately variable and is a simple hand crank. Turn it clockwise and it goes up, counter clockwise and it goes down. Any height you want in seconds.

Well I suppose it's all up to the buyer and what's more important to you. We personally do not need to change heights on our machines in less than 2 minutes (at over 30 lawns per day), but will definitely take the light weight, 3 blade design with beautiful cut, and shorter wheelbase.

:usflag: