PDA

View Full Version : Best Ztr

mailreg
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
What is the best ZTR for me? I have 6.5 acres to cut and will only be using it for personal use. I have about $7000 to spend.

bohiaa
07-08-2007, 04:44 AM
exmark.............

LarryF
07-08-2007, 07:43 AM
exmark.............

Now why didn't I think of that. Your right, of course.

dbear
07-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Dixie Chopper LT2700-60. I found it to be more HP for less $$ (also better financing and dealer) than Exmark, Scag, Toro, JD, Ferris,... The other possible way to go would be Lesco Z2 or CC Tank. Although, in my area, the Tanks have come up in price to almost that of others.

http://www.dixiechopper.com/models_SE.php

BUCKEYE MOWING
07-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Find the one that you feel comfortable on .....But I would go with eXmark.

Capemay Eagle
07-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Really the best thing to do is go out test drive a few. I looked at the Scag freedom Z and the Toro Z and a couple of Wright surfers. But in the end I liked the Hustler the best.

Capemay Eagle
07-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Dixie Chopper LT2700-60. I found it to be more HP for less $$ (also better financing and dealer) than Exmark, Scag, Toro, JD, Ferris,... The other possible way to go would be Lesco Z2 or CC Tank. Although, in my area, the Tanks have come up in price to almost that of others.

http://www.dixiechopper.com/models_SE.php
Pretty cool machine. I saw a guy unloading one last week, getting ready to mow a property. I wanted to ask him how he liked it, but I did not want to bug him, since he was working. So I just watched for a minute. Looks like a nice machine..

dbear
07-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Pretty cool machine. I saw a guy unloading one last week, getting ready to mow a property. I wanted to ask him how he liked it, but I did not want to bug him, since he was working. So I just watched for a minute. Looks like a nice machine..

I really like mine. Granted I only have about 15 hours on her now, but so far have been thoroughly impressed with the power, cut, and maneuverability.

I spent countless hours going over literature, compiling comparison spreadsheets, and visiting local dealers. What's funny is I initially ruled out Dixie based upon look and feel of a Coatesville model (G2703). Compared to other makes, I thought you sat too far forward, thereby making it awkward to keep an eye on the edge of the deck.

After firming up my mower "specs" to a small frame, commercial not pro-sumer or home-owner, 23 HP min with 54" to 60" deck, the Silver Eagle came to the top of the list. So I decided to take a hard look at one on a Saturday afternoon and liked what I saw. Bought it the following Thursday and was mowing with it by Friday afternoon.

Another factor for me was the dealer. They are a multiple store company that carries other lines such as Exmark and Kubota, but this store, after much research and side-by-side comparisons on their part, only stock the DCs (they had about 15-20 units, including both a diesel and a propane models). I was introduced to the service, parts, and general managers; offered popcorn, pizza, and and a cold soda; and given a box with a couple filters and a new set of blades in addition to the DC hat and pen. Nice people that made me feel comfortable spending $7k, if one can ever really feel comfortable spending the amount of cash.

dwost
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Bad Boy Pup/Lightning or Lesco Z2, best bang for the buck without a doubt.

Budget
07-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Try them all, and try a Ferris 2000, my dealer let have one while my machine was getting serviced. Very nice ride and the cut was just as good as the rest.