PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start new business in Akron area

leangreenmachine
07-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I have been reading this forum for years and finally decided to register. There is a lot of helpful information here. I want to know if you think that the lawn care/landscaping market is saturated now. You see a different lawn care company driving around every few minutes. I have been trying to save money and learn as much as I could about the business and I am about ready to start out. But, looking at all the other companies out there I wonder if there is enough potential customers out there for me to make a living. Thanks for you help!

thefed
07-06-2007, 11:19 PM
im in akron. very competitive. let me know if you need any input

microcosm
07-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I would say the market is saturated. The company I work for has accounts in Chardon all the way out to Cleveland Heights. It's nearly impossible to count the number of different companies you see each day. Many don't have a company name on the truck or trailer. I wouldn't let this prevent me from starting my own company though. Mother nature is a good example. Only the strong survive. That means staying aggressive, not giving up in tough times, staying honest and so on. Similar to sports I guess. You want to be a champion? Then you need to work.
And enjoy yourself!

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Just as many start each year the same amount quit to. Just comply to your states guidelines to run your business GOODLUCK.