PDA

View Full Version : Good price for Navigator?

KS_Grasscutter
07-06-2007, 07:21 PM
My local dealer has a 42 inch Exmark Navigator for $7800. It is a demo unit, with like 50 hours (I think, cant remember exactly). Anyway, is this a good deal? I am possibly going to get either a 42 inch Navigator or Walker here sometime soon. The only thing I do NOT like about it is the lack of a high dump, and even the slide in bins like Walker has. At this point I am leaning towards a used Walker, but I guess if the Navigator is a good enough deal, I can find a way to dump it lol.

txgrassguy
07-06-2007, 08:56 PM
KS, I have the Navigator and the crews like it so much I have a second on order.
The only issue on the Navigators was the first year of issue there was a problem with the double pto belt which ExMark released an up-date to correct.
Make sure this one has been subjected to the TSB up-date.
The price you are quoted is very attractive but the resale on the 42" deck falls way behind that of the 48".
My 48" new cost me right at $11K for the tractor unit and deck.
The 42"'s were offered at right around $10K or so.

Mr Priceless
07-06-2007, 08:59 PM
KS, just to give you a heads up....some guy is selling a ridiculously low priced 27 HP KAW LC HS 70 miles from you in Augusta.

KS_Grasscutter
07-07-2007, 12:26 AM
KS, I have the Navigator and the crews like it so much I have a second on order.
The only issue on the Navigators was the first year of issue there was a problem with the double pto belt which ExMark released an up-date to correct.
Make sure this one has been subjected to the TSB up-date.
The price you are quoted is very attractive but the resale on the 42" deck falls way behind that of the 48".
My 48" new cost me right at $11K for the tractor unit and deck.
The 42"'s were offered at right around $10K or so.

Not worried about re-sale, plan to keep this for a LONG time. Right now it would be my only mower, but in a couple years would get another bigger mid-mount and just use this for the smaller yards and back yards. Just have too many 4 foot gates that my Dixon doesn't get in, and honestly, I am tired of walking:laugh:

How do you guys dump your navigator? I am thinking about dumping into three Rubbermaid containers, then dumping those into the truck. Just have to be sure to not fill the catcher clear full.

KS, just to give you a heads up....some guy is selling a ridiculously low priced 27 HP KAW LC HS 70 miles from you in Augusta.

What is a LC HS? BTW, you wanna buy another Dixon (2300 50", 23 kohler, with bagger)?

Albemarle Lawn
07-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Forget the Nav its Ford junk.

Best of all is Lexus LX470

South Florida Lawns
07-07-2007, 12:44 AM

What are you talking about SUV's? hahah we are talking about mowers here!

KS_Grasscutter
07-07-2007, 12:46 AM
What are you talking about SUV's? hahah we are talking about mowers here!

Thats what I was thinking :laugh:

Mr Priceless
07-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Liquid Cooled Horizontal Shaft engine...i saw the listing on ebay

"kawasaki 27hp horizonal engine liquid cooled new 5hrs
nice motor has 5 hours of run time Item number: 180137037909

Seller of this item? Sign in for your status
Bidding has ended for this item

holy crap;)!!!

I saw it like....4 hours ago, it wasn't supposed to end in another 6 days!

but gathering the best i could remember, deerhunter11 was the seller of the item...his reason for getting rid of it was that it would fit his log splitter...the bidding (With no reserve) started at $100.00

I carefully examined all the pics (10 of them) and it was in immaculate condition...

ah well, anyway nah, I'm good on the offer for the dixon (not good, broke is more like my situation)

bigbone
07-07-2007, 03:42 AM

My choice is the Lexus RX Hybrid.

tallimeca
07-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Sale Price New is 10,700, so you are saving 3 grand out the door!!!

There were an abundent about of demo units available in my area that we sold and great prices like that. Now that they are out there and people seeing , the new sales have been growing. Plenty of info in my sig about the machines.

The update on the pto belt is just a support arm for the engage pivot to keep it from cocking to one side or the other when it gets some hours on it. Just a small bracket and a couple bolts . Dealer should put it on for you before he sells it.

txgrassguy
07-07-2007, 11:54 AM
KS, the crews carry a heavy tarp rolled up on the front deck. When the bin is filled they simply motor over to the truck, unroll the tarp and dump the bin onto the tarp. One guy can lift the tarp into the back of the truck then return to mowing. Quick, easy and clean.
A tip for you, make sure you have at least two sets of blade adapter to blade bolts and keep them with you when running this machine. The blades, like the Walker, are counter rotating which means the left one and the right one are different and cannot be swapped. The blade is held in place by two shear bolts which attach the blade to the adapter. Then the adapter is held in place with a center bolt attaching the whole thing to the pump shaft.
Break one of these little bolts and you are SOL as the blade will simply pivot on the blade adapter and won't cut turf.