PDA

View Full Version : Looking for quality ZTR!!!!

jasdebcr
07-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I have read alot of threads about how well this mower and that mower cuts and how nice they ride, but what i am after is QUALITY Built! I am looking for greaseable spindles, over sized spindles, oversized spindle shafts, milled pulley's (NOT Stamped) deck gauge, is it made like a tank? :weightlifter: I like comfort but i depend on the next mower i get for a living!!!! i had been using a Ford LGT 165 with a 50" deck for 25 years!!!! i would say it is shot and done for and would like to try a ZTR. one that will last over the long haul not 5 years and then it is back to dealer. ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Will the mower be for personal home use or used everyday for work ? There are many great quality built machines. I'd reccomend demoing the one's you've been considering. Not all ZTR's cut well in the same state.

jasdebcr
07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
I live in kansas, and i make a living at this so i guess commercial

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-06-2007, 11:18 PM
What choices do you have as far as dealers, dealer suppot is also a major factor when buying a Z. You want a dealer that has parts in stock or one that will get them in a day,one that will give you a loaner if your's needs repaired.

jasdebcr
07-06-2007, 11:20 PM
we do have a hustler dealer in town, no they do not do loaners. i am willing to travel 100 or so for a quality ztr.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Hustler makes a very well built mower ,they do have some cut quality issues. I dont know if they cut well in your area or not ? What models are the other LCO'S company's using.

jasdebcr
07-06-2007, 11:32 PM
yes they are but the problem is after 800 hrs the spindle bearings start falling out and top of the deck starts to flex and make a uneven cut more like a water ripple. several of LCO's have these issues.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
07-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Our new Hustler has greasable spindles ,never heard of the deck flex problem .So again what other dealers do you have ?? TORO, EXmark ,Gravely Dixon ,Walker,Scag, Hustler,Bobcat,BadBoy ???? I would demo all of them if you can ,not to mention walk thru there repair facility.

jasdebcr
07-06-2007, 11:44 PM
we have no other dealers local. that is why i am willing to drive 100 miles for a quality ZTR. There is a farm show at the end of the month 50 miles from here at the end of the month.

ed2hess
07-07-2007, 12:34 AM
I think Scag will meet your needs....has almost all the stuff you described.

racer56
07-07-2007, 01:11 AM
Swartz Tractor in Neosho isn't too far from Pittsburg. They sell Exmark and have excellent service after the sale. l bought from them because of the service not the mower brand itself. The mower does just fine but what was more important to us was no down time that the dealer offers. Anyway good luck with the new mower.

DixieChopper88
07-07-2007, 01:58 AM
Dixie is built like a tank, the biggest deck spindles in any model (greasable of course) i've ran this thing into so many things on accident and it doesnt budge.

Tagg
07-07-2007, 01:24 PM
:usflag: You can go to www.scag.com and pick dealer locator and then put in your zipcode to find a dealer near you. There is a Gold dealer in Wichita. I've found that the pricing on new units to be a little better in the MO/ILL state areas. Scag Turf Tigers are built very tough and have very good warranties.:clapping:

agr682
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I bouhgt a JD757 last fall and it has grease fittings everywhere. It seems to be very well built and should last a while. I have a JD hd75 with a 48" Deck and has lasted a while 900 hrs so far and I have pretty much abused it. So if the 757 lasts as long as my hd75 then you should be pleased.