PDA

View Full Version : Liquid cooled EFI mowers

South Florida Lawns
07-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Are there any companies offering Z models with this engine combo? I know most companies offer one feature or another but not both.

I live in Florida and heat takes its toll on equipment down here. Also carbs are old school, and can be finicky in different conditions, as when I mow in the winter and have trouble with cold starting.

twj721
07-07-2007, 12:01 AM
scag offers the KAW 29DFI liquid cooled engine on the Turf Tiger

DLCS
07-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Also carbs are old school, and can be finicky in different conditions, as when I mow in the winter and have trouble with cold starting.

Really starting issues are are problem in Florida winters. Wow i never have problems starting my carbed Kawasakis in the late fall here and some mornings its below freezing.

mdlwn1
07-07-2007, 07:23 AM
DLCS.......ditto.

pconley
07-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Walker offers a 31hp Liquid efi, It is faster than originals & comes with new bigger blower which helps keep the grass moving.

South Florida Lawns
07-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Really starting issues are are problem in Florida winters. Wow i never have problems starting my carbed Kawasakis in the late fall here and some mornings its below freezing.

Yes very much a pain in the ass during the winter. Takes like 10 minutes and usually results in flooding the engine, I also killed a battery.

razor1
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Unless you're just talking about gas engines, Exmark will sell you a liquid cooled, fuel injected Kubota diesel on a Lazer Z. I think they offer the KAW 29DFI liquid cooled engine too. :weightlifter:

DSTC
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Walker offers a 31hp Liquid efi, It is faster than originals & comes with new bigger blower which helps keep the grass moving.

Walker also offers a 3-cylinder Kubota Diesel thats liquid cooled, but I don't think it's EFI. We have one and just absolutely love it.

lawnspecialties
07-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I think the Deere 797 has the Kawasaki LC DFI.

MANICURED LAWNS
07-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Gotta walker 31 liquid cooled EFI and a toro 23 hp kubota diesel liquid cooled efi.....not problems mechanically yet but you gotta be careful when washing them because the ECU cant get wet..no pressure washing...gotta be careful when charging to no jump starts they say but they do save alot of fuel when compared to carbs.

DLCS
07-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes very much a pain in the ass during the winter. Takes like 10 minutes and usually results in flooding the engine, I also killed a battery.

You got other problems then, just being too cold outside. During the winter about every 3 weeks, I start my kawasakis and let them run for awhile. They start right uo after sitting and the temp being well below freezing. You shouldn't have any problems in Florida it just doesn't get that cold.