PDA

View Full Version : ringing noise

bare spot
07-07-2007, 12:07 AM
have stihl fs110r trimmer, pick up new a couple of weeks again, don't use often right now, some heavy stuff and mainly when switch out cutting attachments (interchangeable gearbox). notice when i'm using and on the gas get a ringing noise. it's a very familiar ringing noise and know i heard this on other motors (just can't remember where or when). would somebody know about this, and at worse, could this be trouble, or is it normal for these motors. mainly running the hedge attachment and been running fine (each new tankful even better). idk any thoughts on noise, mechanic skills are week on trimmers

centurion726
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM
if its at idle its probably just the clutch ringing on the bell housing

cranesrule
07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Probably the clutch banging around, if it's at idle and right when you blip the throttle. A ittle annoying, but not an issue.

DiyDave
07-26-2007, 08:21 PM
It'll ring pretty good if you don't have the attachment seated all the way into the socket, up to the line on the attachment!:laugh: :laugh:

bare spot
07-26-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks for that, couldn't find on trimmers web site. got to see the valve adjustment, (hopefully will know when this becomes issue) got other older stihl trimmer doesn't do this but then again different motor., so far happy i got, nice tool attachments are great. btw would any u all know anything about the new commercial lawn boy 21 mower and hooking up a new drive system. couldn't find much on yet, not sure if going to attempt. bare spot