PDA

View Full Version : Starting to Pull in Some Real Money, Finally!

echeandia
07-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Well, I have been going at the lawn and landscape maintenance business for a few months now. I am finally in the black. I have gotten a few larger landscape update jobs so that I am now making money and needing help to complete the jobs. I also have a couple of quotes that I need to deliver next week and I should get one of them. I hope that at least some of you new guys are in the same boat I am and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

bohiaa
07-07-2007, 08:09 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good for you, I have turned into a postive cash flo myself in jsut a few short months, I spent a little over 10,000 and with in 2.5 months I had that back.

I was really surprised at some guys saying there having a hard time with it.

Of corse it depends on where you live, how you advertise and such.

Novaowner
07-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I've been at this since March this year. I started going into the black a month ago. I worked part time for the first 2 1/2 months but now have gone full time....it was a scary step so early and I left a good paying job to work on my own and I like it so far.

Allens LawnCare
07-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Keep your head on straight and don't get money eyes or it will be gone before you know it!

snowjeep
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Congrates. I was going in that direction but in Western New York we have been in a drout. I lost over $500.00 last month due to grass not growing and have lost over $300.00 already this month. Hope we get the rain they are calling for this week.

GreenT
07-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I have been going at the lawn and landscape maintenance business for a few months now. I am finally in the black. I have gotten a few larger landscape update jobs so that I am now making money and needing help to complete the jobs. I also have a couple of quotes that I need to deliver next week and I should get one of them. I hope that at least some of you new guys are in the same boat I am and finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Congrats!

Now is the time to put the old "pedal to the metal".

Grits
07-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I went full-time this year. Have had a substantial amount of business, even with the drought. I hired 1 guy and that helped keep things easier. That guy recently quit, but I am able to keep things going by myself......even though I had doubts. But I actually kind of like it by myself, more money for the biz. I have a young guy that will work when I need extra help. I keep getting busier and busier by the day. Thank the Lord. It is hard at times and scary too. But I just keep going and everything is working out better than I expected. I am about at the point to stop taking on new customers for this year. I'm making good money and the book keeping is starting to become a pita with all the customers. (Maybe it is time to upgrade software). As of right now, life is good.

flying_a
07-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Thats great to hear man, This is my first month and I have 5 residential lawns and am only in the hole $4000. I would like to have more but patience is a virtue.

-Frank

P.Services
07-09-2007, 10:29 PM

nice web site looks like a winner!!:)

Chris "Greenville"
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
I just started last month. I'm about $4000 down right know also. But, With only about 90 flyers sent out I got my first call this past Saturday. First customer on the schedule for this coming Friday. I passed out another 100 flyers today and I'm staring at the phone! Chris

GreenT
07-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I just started last month. I'm about $4000 down right know also. But, With only about 90 flyers sent out I got my first call this past Saturday. First customer on the schedule for this coming Friday. I passed out another 100 flyers today and I'm staring at the phone! Chris

Stop staring at the phone!!!

Go out there and pass out 2-4,000 flyers.

Go!

Chris "Greenville"
07-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Do you think it's ok to pass out flyers at 11pm? LOL I'm on my way!!! My wife just quit her job a couple of weeks ago and I have talked about a lawn service for years now. She said go for it. I jumped in the jeep and headed for the store before she could change her mind. I'm thanking God that I got that first job to do. She was starting to feel extremely anxious about the start up cost. I keep insisting that it will pickup, things will happen. I really appeciate everyones advice and encouragemnt on this site. Thanks to all, Chris

Zaro T Man
07-09-2007, 11:11 PM
I know the feeling of just starting up. I started up this year myself. I was lucky as I do not have very much overhead. Well things started slowly, I was doing 3 lawns for the first couple of months no matter the advertising I did. Well two of my neighbors decided to hire me, one of which manages the local HUD Housing Authority. Well got a call from him for a landscape job and landed the bid then got a call back from him last week for a bid to mow all of their properties, landed that one as well, well if not wild enough, one of my regular customers must have liked the way I do his lawn hooked me up with a friend of his. I now also have two bids in for two LARGE commercial properties as a sub for his friend. I am also going to talk to the manager of a local Condo Association about doing one parcel of their property. Been a busy first year with me as well. Loved ever minute of it.

Chris "Greenville"
07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Zaro, Thats some luck... Good for you! Can I ask how long have been operating? And what kind of advertising do you do? Any and all help I can get I listen to. Thanks, Chris

mowNblow
07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
im with ya man i spent 5K to start my buisness up and after a few months things are getting alot better, im getting some HUD sub contracted cuts (only pays $22 per lawn) but i knock em out quick and i use some of the money to hire my friend as a helper we do about 3 per hour. also i just landed a $300 bid for a clean up and first mow on a larger commercial property also got em for $125 bi weekly maint. this isnt to mention my weekly accounts i do by myself. i can see the hotter and more humid its starting to get since all the rains are drying up the more my cell phone is begining to ring, and i THANK GOD for it too!!

CrimsonLCS
07-10-2007, 12:04 AM
we just started up this march, and in my area where i live is just booming with tons of news houses, so as you can imagine, i am preety lucky. Its alot of hard work, but its totaly worth it. I didnt have much business at first and then all the sudden i was just slammed, its kinda of weird how it happens but hang in there

Lawnut101
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
My business started, slow, but It gets better all the time. I'm gonna try and get a bunch more jobs next year. I'm gonna advertise like nuts. Unfortunately I don't think that West Bend is the best place to get a monstrous business going. Luckily there are some wealthy towns around!:clapping: :cool2:

What's the best way to get good jobs? What methods of advertising work best?