PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new mower. GH321D

Fred Garvin
07-07-2007, 09:46 AM
I ran it around the house for a couple of hours last night. I think I'm going to like it. It seems to handle steep hills better than the GH218. I ran it in some grass that hasn't been mowed in three weeks and has recieved lots of rain. As long as I backed off the speed a little it left a perfect cut. With the 218 I'd have to go slow and make two passes to get a comparable cut. In grass that had been mowed about a week ago I could mow it just as fast as I could stand to ride the mower. Kind of bumpy around here. It left a perfect cut there too. The 218 has the 321D beat in the striping department. The old mower would stripe pretty good. The new duramax deck doesn't leave much of a stripe. I had heard that the diesel would be way louder than the old gas mower. I can't tell much difference myself. I alway wear Work Tunes. Which brings up another thing. The adjustable cup holder makes a great place to store the work tunes between yards. I adjusted the cup holder all the way out and it seems to hold the Work Tunes pretty securely.

bohiaa
07-07-2007, 10:07 AM
the Pics man...........where are the pics.....?

Fred Garvin
07-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Just got back from mowing a yard with tall wet grass. The duramax deck had little clogging from the wet grass. The deck on the 218 would have been packed full.

Jason Rose
07-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear the good report! I'm working on buying a 227, 61" as soon as I can. I'm just sick and tired of Dixon, and I really NEED the larger machine!

What size deck do you have? Are you tall? Because I have noticed that the deisel models are rather cramped for legroom because the seat is forward further to make room for the larger engines. What blades are on yours? My dealer was telling me that if I want high lift there's 2 different ones available, the standard high lift and one that is 3" wide. He said the 3" wide ones about suck the grass out of the ground.

Fred Garvin
07-08-2007, 07:24 AM
It has a 52 inch deck. They don't offer the 61 on this model anymore. I think if you want the diesel and a 61 inch deck you have to get the 322D. I think I have the "regular high lift blades" I had the chute off while mowing the wet yard yesterday so it would scatter out the grass. In the heavy grass I'd say it was throwing grass about 12 feet to the side. There is a little less leg room since it is a diesel. I'm 6' tall and so far I have been comfortable on it. There is a foot rest extension on this model, but so far I haven't been using it. Even thought about taking it off. I probably won't though.

LawnMowerKing10
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
lets see the pics!