PDA

View Full Version : We need an Association!

WJW Lawn
07-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Ya know what Im saying? Plumbers...Contractors...hell even bath tub refinishers have an association of some sort! We need one! Why hasnt someone done this yet? You come up with a Lawn Care Association that requires your business license--or tax ID and proof of insurance--this way you weed out UNLEGITS. Every member---who pays their dues---gets to put a icon of a nice lawn care association of america/canada logo on their website, business card, or flyer....that shows they are apart of something! As LCO's, we could educate the public on what this association is about, and how important it is to do business with hard working, tax paying, LEGAL citizens.

I dunno guys and gals...its just a thought. Certainly its way over my head...but what about guys like Sean Adams?? The founder of this site. Heck, Id even agree that a portion of dues could go in his pocket for all I care. We sure could use something....don't ya think?? :usflag: :canadaflag:

DBL
07-07-2007, 07:41 PM
im game but we would need a whole lot of people to make it worth while

IN2MOWN
07-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Great thinking! I dont have enough bills as it is running a company and raising a family. Now I need someone to run a assoc. so I can pay them dues also.

inHaliburton
07-07-2007, 07:56 PM
We could have the convention in Hawaii, too. Sign me up!

ACutAbovesiny
07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I think it would be great if there were some sort of formal organization that would separate the legit businesses from the illegitimate. I would be ok with the dues as long as the money was going to educate and promote its members.

IN2MOWN
07-07-2007, 08:07 PM
I remember coming here 6 years ago and reading the same threads. LOL. My how times change.:rolleyes:

WJW Lawn
07-07-2007, 08:33 PM
I remember coming here 6 years ago and reading the same threads. LOL. My how times change.:rolleyes:

I read the same threads. Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I just think it would be so great for the Industry, and maybe change peoples perspective of our industry. Lets face it....dude riding down the road with a push mower hanging out his car--not paying taxes and not carrying insurance--makes us all look like HIM! I worked in the adevertising-media industry for 12 years before I came to lawn care---I know for a dang fact---that one scrub makes us all look bad--no matter how big of a truck or mower you have. Lawn Care is a multi million dollar industry without a freakin organization of some sort??? I dont get it!?

IN2MOWN
07-07-2007, 08:44 PM
I read the same threads. Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I just think it would be so great for the Industry, and maybe change peoples perspective of our industry. Lets face it....dude riding down the road with a push mower hanging out his car--not paying taxes and not carrying insurance--makes us all look like HIM! I worked in the adevertising-media industry for 12 years before I came to lawn care---I know for a dang fact---that one scrub makes us all look bad--no matter how big of a truck or mower you have. Lawn Care is a multi million dollar industry without a freakin organization of some sort??? I dont get it!?

I totally disagree. Customers and potential customers can tell the difference between us also.

It would to difficult to regulate the lawn care industry. Multi million? Try multi BILLION and thats just the people who report their income. Its just to big.

lawnspecialties
07-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Whoever did it would have to be really "on the ball" for it to work. I joined the NC Turfgrass Council last year. It seems like all they want to do is send out a magazine and have golf tournaments throughout the state.

You see a lot of trade organizations get put together and the primary ones benefiting are the ones getting the checks. But if one was put together and run well, I'd join in a minute.payup

lawnman_scott
07-08-2007, 11:38 AM
How would this change anything? My wife went to a surgeon a few months ago. We didnt actually do a search to see if he really had a license for this. Its just the doctors office and the hospital seemed to know him so we just took his word for it. If you dont check that why would you check to see if the lawn mower guy is lisenced? I think the truck and mowers would lead you to beleive he is.

S.A.L.
07-08-2007, 01:54 PM
More regulation. Just what we need!

J&R Landscaping
07-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Sounds good to me, It would be kinda like the ISA is for arborists, right!!! Its about time!!