PDA

View Full Version : Which is more important in a blower?

bigbone
07-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Air speed or air volume. I am looking to buy a new blower and I notice that the air speed is relatively similar between the lower models and the upper models but the air volume is much higher on the higher models. Should I just be concerned with air speed if I will be using the blower for grass clippings?

sildoc
07-07-2007, 09:50 PM
volume.
the more volume the more air. the speed is near negligible since they are so close. 150 -200 mph as long as it has a higher volume.

captken
07-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Air speed or air volume. the air speed is relatively similar between the lower models and the upper models but the air volume is much higher on the higher models. Should I just be concerned with air speed if I will be using the blower for grass clippings?

duh? are we a nation of idoits? I assume that bigbone as a reference to the matter between your ears, instead of....

lol, kenny..

captken
07-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Air speed or air volume. the air speed is relatively similar between the lower models and the upper models but the air volume is much higher on the higher models. Should I just be concerned with air speed if I will be using the blower for grass clippings?

duh? are we a nation of idiots? I assume that bigbone as a reference to the matter between your ears, instead of....

lol, kenny..just having fun...

P.Services
07-07-2007, 10:02 PM
just go buy a br600 and live happy ever after

befnme
07-07-2007, 11:49 PM
we use the br550 and it does great......

lawnspecialties
07-08-2007, 06:33 AM
CFM's by far. For example, picture the air coming out of a air compressor hoseline. Extremely fast but imagine blowing off a parking lot with one.:laugh:

Big CFM's comes from big hp and big tubes. I use RedMax EB8000s but there are several others out there very comparable.

rodfather
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Volume and Redmax 8000's make a great pair.