PDA

View Full Version : anyone have foot assist on Bad Boy machine

skinnydogz
07-08-2007, 04:36 AM
I just recently had a problem with the chain that holds the deck in the rear and had new one put on.....however now it's fixed my foot assist seems to be off....I can't use it until I am set at 3.5 and lower cut.......any higher than that and I am maxed out on the foot assist

my question is....what is the point at which your machine doesn't allow you to use the foot assit any longer....

puppypaws
07-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I just recently had a problem with the chain that holds the deck in the rear and had new one put on.....however now it's fixed my foot assist seems to be off....I can't use it until I am set at 3.5 and lower cut.......any higher than that and I am maxed out on the foot assist

my question is....what is the point at which your machine doesn't allow you to use the foot assit any longer....

The tech at the Bad Boy factory said with your deck all the way down the foot assist petal arm should be back toward the operator as far as possible. They set them up to be about a playing card width between the foot petal arm and the metal at the back of the slot.

When you push the petal forward as far as possible it will raise the deck to the number 4 on the indicator and no higher. This height indicator gage is exactly that and not a cutting in inches indicator like I thought.

I hope this answers your question, let me know.

skinnydogz
07-10-2007, 05:23 PM
The tech at the Bad Boy factory said with your deck all the way down the foot assist petal arm should be back toward the operator as far as possible. They set them up to be about a playing card width between the foot petal arm and the metal at the back of the slot.

When you push the petal forward as far as possible it will raise the deck to the number 4 on the indicator and no higher. This height indicator gage is exactly that and not a cutting in inches indicator like I thought.

I hope this answers your question, let me know.

Thanks puppy, that help alot...now I at least have a reference....:usflag: